Chapter Nine

Ethan looked at Rose as he stopped breathlessly after find a bus stop, however there was one problem. "No dogs allowed!" Said the lady driver, "Sorry kids." Ethan looked at the lady and sighed, "Please? We're in a hurry!" the lady shook her head, "No. Get another bus kid." Rose tried not to cry, "But please! I don't want him to catch us!! And we're out of breath from running..." The Lady rolled her eyes, "Fine-but it's gonna cost more, where to?" Rose sniffled as she replied, "183 RD road," she said as she got in with Blitz. Ethan payed with a fifty dollar bill, "Keep the change." He said flatly as he sat down beside Rose.

A couple minutes later they were home and Rose's Dad still was gone, Ethan walked her inside. "Hey, um... If your Dad asks what happened today don't mention what happened-okay? I don't want him knowing so he doesn't get super worried, after all nothing extremely bad happened." Rose nodded, "A-alright, I pinkie promise," she let out her pinkie for the pinkie promise. Afterwards Ethan smiled, "Need anything else before I go?" Rose shook her head, "No thank you, I think I'm just gonna hang out with Blitz. Blitz licked her hand as she said his name and Rose pet him gently under the chin, "Cya later Ethan..." She said and walked upstairs to her bedroom after Ethan had left. 

A few hours later Mr. Johnson got home from work, "Hey Rose, how was your day today?" he called as he took his coat off. Rose came running down and put on a smile, "It was... er... Fine," she replied, making sure to keep the promise she made with Ethan. Her Dad smiled down at her, "That's good. Why not we go and eat?" Rose shook her head, "I'm actually gonna turn in early, 'night Dad.." she said and went back upstairs to sleep after feeding and watering Blitz. "Hey Blitz?" she said and looked down at him laying on his bed. He immediately looked up and tilted his head, "Can you sleep on my bed tonight?" she asked. Blitz wagged his tail at the question and jumped up excitedly.