Chapter Twelve

Rose woke up, it had been one week since Ethan asked her to prom. "Prom.." she thought suddenly, she squealed loud enough for her dad to hear. "Everything alright up there?" Mr. Johnson called, Rose jumped up and down on her bed as if she were five again. "Nope! Everything's fine!!!" she called down. Rose looked at Blitz, "Today is going to be a good day," after she spoke Blitz barked happily, excited for today as well, since he was going with Rose to a doctors appointment about her new anxiety she suddenly got.

Two hours later Blitz and Rose were at the appointment, the Doctor (Dr. Pep) came out and smiled at Rose. "Rose, come in please.." Rose nodded and went in carefully with Blitz by her side. Dr. Pep looked at some papers and read them over carefully, "So, it says here you recently had a kidnapping incident and about two days ago you started getting anxiety-am I correct?" Rose nodded and cleared her throat, "Y-yes Dr. Pep." Dr. Pep thought for a bit, "Very well, do you feel more comfortable when your dog-" he read the paper again, "-your dog Blitz, is around?" Rose nodded, "Yes." Dr. Pep nodded, "Very well, I will allow it that Blitz will be your service dog for anxiety, you'll be able to take him anywhere-it's your choice to put a service dog vest on him. But if someone gives you trouble about take your dog into a place where no dogs are allowed just show them this piece of paper, keep it with you at all times. Okay?" Rose nodded and smiled, "Okay, thank you sir!" Rose and Blitz walked out of the office and once they were out of the building Rose hugged Blitz, "You hear that boy? No 'no dogs allowed' rule applies to us!" Blitz barked happily, I wonder what he thinks of that... Rose thought to herself.

Rose was now in the mall, suddenly she bumped into someone. "Oh, I am so sorry!" she said as she tried to back up, "I can be so clumsy someti-" she stopped speaking as she realized it was Opal. "OPAL!" she squealed excitedly, "I'm so glad to see you today!" But Opal wasn't looking at Rose, instead she was looking at Blitz. "Yeah, glad to see you too," Opal replied as she bent down to pet Blitz under the chin. Blitz was staring at Rouge and tilted his head as if he didn't know what to do and Rouge looked as if he was trying to avoid all eye contact with Blitz. Finally Rouge decided what to do and got in front of Opal protectively, he started growling ready for a fight. Blitz started to back away showing that he wasn't a threat, "Um... Is Rouge going to attack Blitz?" Rose asked, Opal shrugged, "Probably not. He just doesn't know how else to react, don't worry." Rose nodded, "Alright, anyway.. I'm here to shop for prom, what about you?" Opal smiled, "Same. A boy named Kam asked me, and he's amazing... Who asked you?" Rose smiled, "Ethan! Now let's get shopping, I've got a lot of money since I haven't spent any of my allowance at all since the school year started!"