Chapter One

What day was it again? Monday? Tuesday? No, no wait, that's wrong. More or less, where am I? Japan? Yeah, and I also have something to do today-

Beep...beep..beep..bee-

"Ugh" groaning from exhaustion, the boy tried his best to return back to sleep.

.::*~Flashback~*::.

Police sirens could be heard in the distance accommodated by the vigorous pitter-patter of raindrops on the soiled pavement.

Oh no, not this again...

Crouched down was a boy shrouded in a black coat with a mask on his face, slowly beginning to slip off from the rain. His hair which was once snow white had now been painted scarlet red from the pool of blood that were his beloved friends.

No, it wasn't my fault. It wasn't my fault.

From behind he could hear the sound of car doors slamming and heavy footsteps thundering towards his location. The voices screaming from behind were drowned by the deafening ringing in his ears given from the sight that lay before him.

It wasn't me....It wasn't me...I didn't kill them...

Seconds later the boy felt vices around his arms as he was forced face-down into the bloody pavement below.

Stop it...let go of me...let go!

The next moment a sprig of pain emitted from the back of his waist as red swirls clouded his vision. One by one he felt each swirl run through flesh, some of their voices barely able to yell a single "ghoul" into their devices before being impaled while others bluntly screaming bloody murder. By the time the voices died down, the boy looked down at his work below and stared in horror at the realization of his actions.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean for this to happen...

"Stop! Don't move, ghoul!"

Leave me alone! Leave me alone! Leave me alone!

The boy woke up with a thud seeing that he fell off from his bedside. "Ugh, how many times have I had that dream? Twenty? Thirty?" squinting at his alarm clock that read 6:45am he realized that he was running late. "Dammit, I have work today!" Quickly gathering himself, he dressed and fled, cursing under his breath.

Thank goodness for convenience, the coffee shop wasn't as far from his apartment but rather at walking distance. Bringing out his phone he checked the time and sighed in relief, "Good, I'm only a few minutes late." Heading into the "Staff Only" room he went to his locker and dressed in the shop's uniform, one of his coworkers greeting him as they closed their own locker door.

"Morning, Taehyung, isn't it a bit unusual for you to be late?" he said with amusement clearly radiating from his face.

Taehyung chuckled and shrugged his shoulders, "I know, I know. I won't do it again though." Once they finished having a little chat they went about their day working as usual. This has happened before, so I shouldn't make a big deal out of it. I only have ten hours to go then I can head off to my college; see I'll be fine!

At least he thought so.