The Way You Look Tonight

"May, calm down." I tell her after she slaps me on the arm for the nth time in the last ten minutes.

"Oo na! It's just that, I'm always hurt! Always expecting!" She slaps me again, and this time I give her a small hug.

I pull the chair out for her to sit, and afterwards I sit on the opposite side of the table. I look at her. Sweat dripping down her temple, her hands fiddling with the table napkin. She's nervous, she's still expecting.

"Sorry, no Enrique tonight. Just me." I tell her as I look at the utensils in front of me. It's hard trying to keep my smile at bay.

"Kuyaaa! Enrique!!!" She yells before she makes a little pout. I laugh again. God, she's adorable.

"Oh? You don't want to be on a date with me?" I say, holding my chest for emphasis.

"No, it's just that..."

"Oh, see!"

"No, no! Ano ha, thank you sa effort niyo, you and Kisses." She does a funny face and I mimic her, trying to calm her down. She's still flustered from her dance class. Her cheeks are a shade of pink, and I can't help but stare at her beauty.

When Kisses and I planned for this date, all I could think about was her happiness. How Maymay would be over the moon when she finally gets to meet the boy of her dreams. Even if this date wasn't really for us, just seeing her eyes twinkle with hope was enough.

"Edward, pumasok ka sa confession room."

That was the cue. I tell her I'll be back. As soon as my back was facing her the grin I was trying to contain finally plastered itself on my face.

I'd do anything for her. Anything as long as she's happy.

And that's when I knew I was in deep shit.