Chapter: 8

Aaniat's POV:

I misunderstood Aashir, I screwed up, I don't get why but the things Aashir told me about Sarah didn't bother me even once, I'm used to this type of shit. I misunderstood him, I thought so bad that he might have hid something important from me, thoughts that didn't let me sleep last night were all false. He hid the fact that Sarah is not a friend but a deceiver, not the fact that he was in love with her because he wasn't. Right now the most embarrassing thing for me is that I thought wrong of Aashir, I can't think what to say him now.. Aashir looks at me worriedly, then steps up from his chair and walks towards me, he pushed the food tray a little and sat their facing me "I'm always with you Aana no matter what, don't even care about what Sarah did, let her go" he starts to show his best friend skills, he is so good at it but this dumb-head should know that I am not hurt by Sarah's thing, for me she is a bitch and him a dumb-head. "I'm not caring about Sarah, I'm not even hurt by her intentions" I tell him

"You're.You won't mention but I know you're hurt" he said with a worried expression. "Stop worrying you dumb and forgive me for assuming that you're in love with Sarah" I don't know how I just said that to him, He looked at me with catty eyes and a pout on his face, evil. I'm waiting for his reply "what made you think that?" he asked, keeping that expression on his face, "I saw you and her so close, talking to each other on that road trip so I thought may be there is something between you two which you've hid from me.I was wrong,I'm sorry" I said sheepishly, I was ashamed.

"You should've asked me about that right over there, rather than overthinking about it for two days, We are best buds Aana if something was bothering you then I expect you to talk to me about that instead of keeping that to yourself & getting hurt, you should know how much I care for you?! I will never hurt you intentionally but still if you felt like I did then there was no need of hesitating to ask me about it" Aashir said, his words were making me cry, he was right.He saw my face and came little near to me, he cupped my cheeks with his one hand making me pout "Now will you smile or should I punch hard on your nose, because I'm very angry" he forced an angry look on his face, he removed his hand from my face, "Aashir I am sor--"

"shut up, lets have food I'm very hungry " He stopped me before I complete. "You aren't supposed to tell me to shut up, I need to apologize" I said, "Well I just did.You don't need to apologize, I know you love me and you were jealous of the assumption you made about me and Sarah" he said, ending with a smirk and pulled food tray between us, I made an O-face at that and said "I wasn't jealous okay." He giggled at my expression "Okay now can we have food?"  he said and finally I smiled at his expression, he managed to clear things as nicely as possible, this conversation made me realize that he is the only constant in my life, Aashir will never leave my side. I looked & smiled at his adorable face while he was munching in parathas and chickpeas, "So babe, we're going for dinner tomorrow" he said while taking in a bite, he was eating like he starved for days

"for dinner, where?"

"wherever you say, but this time just me and you, no one else"

"Sure, will tell you in the evening where to go"

I said and started eating breakfast along with him.Isn't it too good to have breakfast in your home, in your room with your best friend?! We finished breakfast, Aashir wiped his hands with napkin, I did too and kept the tray on the table, "I hope you are feeling fine now babe, still if there is something you can talk to me anytime and don't you dare to be sad because of Sarah" Aashir said,  "I'm completely fine Aash, I've known that there is no friend of mine who is mine but you are, I'm not sad in fact I'm very happy" I told him with a wide smile on my face "That's like my girl" he smiled back and those butterflies rolled again, what the hell!

He told me that he wanna go, Sabrina must be waiting "Pages on her sketchbook got over and she wants a new sketchbook, she said me to bring that for her" he told, I nodded, "see you in the evening Aana" he said, and both of us walked down the hallway, mom was sitting there he said bye to maa and left.

I sat there with mom on the sofas, she came near me and said "Aaniat can I ask you something?"

"Sure maa"

"You and Aashir look so good together, Do you like him, should I talk to your father about him, would you marry Aashir?"

She started questioning like every Pakistani mom does, she asks those questions whenever she sees me and Aashir together.

"Not again maa.You know what? Everybody at college think same as you but there is nothing like that okay.Aashir is my best friend only" I told her with two lines on my forehead. "What is wrong in marrying your best friend?" she said, "because he is just my best friend" I said in an annoyed tone, "Do you think I'm out of this modern world? Who the hell do you think your mom is? Nowadays people usually marry their best friends, don't tell me they don't" she gave me those catty eyes a while ago Aashir was giving me.No one is going to spare me today.. no one.

"Mom there is nothing like that Okay , and now I gotta go pray salah" I told her, got up from my sofa, ran slowly towards my room and offered my prayer. Phew!

---------------------------

Thank you for loving my novel, Vote and comment ;)