CHAPTER 13: THE MUSHROOM COTTAGE

" Whistlin' and dancing' , in the rain  ,"

ahead went the CUTE LITTLE mouse,

He saw a pretty fairy, dancin' in the rain too

And his eyes went..WHOO wHO WHOO WHOOO!"

"Will you shut your piehole",this is not for what i have hired you." Eirphuk barked.

"Nice song!", Ron exclaimed.

Awkwardly ,They had both started their comments at the same time and the elf was a bit puzzled at the different type of reactions,but didn't gave much attention to it. ,because of the semi-drunken state in which he was.

Eirphuk produced a 'keep your mouth shut'  type of  a  gesture before Ron , just after the Elf had said, "Right away,Sir." deciding finally that his passengers were not liking the song.

Harry too was listening and observing things,while following the carriage,which was an easy enough job for him , as the carriage was moving at a pace which was easily compensated by his long strides but he obviously had to march much quicker than his usual routine walking.

Every now and then,he would stop and check whether his feet were visible or not , to make sure no one noticed him. He saw many surprising things on his way ,which he had never imagined - One of which was a Goblin riding a Centaur fawn . He also saw several shops selling a large variety of strange items and merchandises he had never heard of even in the wizarding world.Some shops were selling  peculiar looking  vegetables and fruits , others were luring goblin and Elf kids with a extravagent display of enchanted toys and talking wizard dolls and miniature dancing muggles.

He certainly noticed some odd stone towers,which wore some mysterious markings  accompanied by a huge head of a Goblin on the top.There were delightful advertisement hoardings in Gobbledegook,Elvish and English  and several inns, parks , bars and  lots of unknown places came and went along his way till he reached a huge sign  carved  on the violet curtains which was hanging between the two magohamy pillars on each side of the road  -"WELCOME TO LIVSOCHK".

"Here we are, just a couple of minutes more " , the Goblin exclaimed gleefully.

His greedy mind was spinning thoughts of the treasure -'.The ring of Nestalian ',which will make him one vastly rich goblin and the amount of respect he will receive from possessing the ancient treaure was unmeasurable  indeed and that would happen only if he succeeds in winning  the trust of the two dim-witted losers- Hagrid and Ron.

Shrewedly, he brought a kind and benevolent look upon his face and looked towards Ron smiling slightly. Ron returned the smile wondering suspiciously whatever the Goblin was cooking.

After several trees and orchards,chimney houses and wooden cottages,as the road marked a perfect curve like a serpent coiling itself and a garden, alive with Lilies and mushrooms came into picture.It was then when the Goblin  yelled "Halt " and the dogs stopped dead on the spot.

Both Ron and Eirphuk jumped out of the carriage and after tipping the Elf  "double" rent  as promised ,the Goblin held Ron's hand firmly thinking why had he made such an absurd offer in the first place. He was too excited then, he thought , but would have get away with it if it wasn't for Ron who was accompanying him and he did not wanted Ron to frame a impression of greediness or anything of that sort towards him ,so he didn't say a word to the Elf who had not taken back his hands till he made sure he had received the double amount of fare.

"That greedy little Hanging spit- bag ,i would have seen him well if this nutcase wasn't alongside."he thought and thinking of the precious ring,he calmed himself and marched his way into the cute little  cottage which was before him just at the centre of the mushroom garden.

Harry followed them as quietly as he could,but couldn't prevent the rustling of the long grass blades that passed colliding his cloak , however to which nobody paid any attention.There were sparkling and colorful  mushrooms inside the eclipses of  lily- beds and daisy -pots and a small pond with cherry fishes and a few frogs ribbiting around near the shore.

The cottage was a near replica of the one,which has been described in many fairytales. It looked like a dear little cottage with blue and pink walls and a innocent  yellow gate with ripe honeyberries growing atop and the roof of the cottage laid under a sheet of dazzling - purple lilac buds and overgrown magnolias.

Harry , for one moment was  lost in the beauty of  the nature .It sure was a beautiful place to be around and he wished he could show it to Ginny and Hermione.

They all went inside through the little gate, which was  way too small for Harry to enter,so he stayed outside and found a rear windows to access the scenes,signalling a most nervous Ron by taking off his hood and glaring straight into his face while the Goblin went upstairs to fetch his nephew and a tray of snacks.

*******************************************************************************************************