CHAPTER 14: THE RAINBOW GIRL

Professor Slughorn wasn't asleep. In fact he was in his night-gown , stirring something in a huge black cauldron that was generating rythemic popping echoes.The dungeon classroom was the venue and the expression of the potion master now seemed vaguely anxious through the mist of magnesium that resulted from the volcanic rampage during the middle of his umpteenth stir....and finally got settled as cute crystals of pure white, along the inner walls of the caludron.

"Merlin's spare undies", He shrieked with exultation and nearly tripped his ' heatproof '  vials into the burning cauldron.

Soon when he had gathered the 'shiny white' potion in his vials, he looked at the 'serpent wall-clock'  which was most recently installed.The hands were like snake themselves while the huge dial was carved on the face of the famous Slazaar Slytherin. The clock looked as if it could speak any second  and literally 'did' ,when the longest of the snakes had touched "twelve",while the fat snake slid lazily, gobbling the "ONE"  spot and then snarling with it's hood expanding and hissing "ONE" in mechanical english.

"It's already one 'o clock , Professor  Slughorn said in his mind and then to the only  next-to-life object -the clock using his vocal chord , "Congratulations Horace,well done old man......not anymore " .

**************************************************************************************************************

While Harry was looking curiously at a freckled goblin kid who he assumed to be Ron's tutor  Eirphuk the Goblin sat on a sponge cylinder which was compressed to it's silver base.

He was now helping himself to the chocolate cookies which he had brought from the kitchen and by the time Ron's hand had reached the plate there was a single cookie left.

Erenuck the Goblin kid was a real enthusiast and extremely sharp minded for his age .He had been threatened by his uncle that he had to teach the wizard boy, parseltongue whithin a month  and if he won't succeed ,his other leg would be crushed as well.

His crippled leg was the punishment his uncle gave him for running from the house along with his so called aunt.

He began awkwardly looking at his uncle's malicious huge face,and then towards the same face which was full of excitement and curiousity,which peculiarly reminded him of his deceased father.

He was looking at Ron,with an expression unworn by him since ages and spoke, " "SASSSSSSSHHAISS ",WHO ARE YOU?  in Parseltongue just for checking his abilities.

He had to imagine Ron as a Viper or a Python maybe for that,but when Ron didn't show any sign of response except for surprisingly mimicing the same hissing pattern ,he knew how much difficult his job would be.He shall have to make notes of basic conversing tools..or  "It could be other way around", he thought and spoke  "What is your name sir." this time in English.

"Percy , but i like to call myself Pikachuk while i am here prtending to be a Goblin",he said coolly.

 "Nice name sir,now we must start our work..and i must ask you sir,that it is appropriate for you to make notes....Here take this diary and there must be a quill somewhere..please excuse me for a moment."He went towards the stairs and then turned right,which brought a small basement into picture,just like the one Harry was forced to live into during his punishment times by his Uncle and Aunt. 

 He came back just in time,to hear his Uncle asking Ron, "How is Hagrid by the way? tell him that he need not worry about your safety..."

"Pikachuk sir,here take this and write down after listening very carefully to what i say in parseltongue..and practise at your home."He said casually and began his Parselmouth Show.

"SSSSSSSHAAAAAAASSSAAAHH" he hissed looking at Ron this time and said " it means:- Where are you from?"

The quill was busy scribbling notes while Ron was busy being a perfect copycat.

Suddenly a voice interrupted their session as a pretty girl nearly thirteen, wearing lilac painted frock and a rainbow jumper  was standing on the top of stairs calling Eirphuck anxiously.