CHAPTER 2: UNNAMED MISERY

Draco looked straight into the face of his father.

A shade of grey  hinting  the tremendous amount of  melancholy hidden beaneath the mask  Lucius was trying to force upon , yet unhidden from the eyes of his only son.

His soul-mate had passed away from a hazardous attack of dragon Pox ,just like his father Abraxas Malfoy,even the cure of Gunhilda seemed to have failed as told by the healers of the Magical Bugs Ward at St. Mungo.

"Now son,you must return for your education at Howgwarts.....i' hve already informed Professor. Mcgonagall of this tragidical incidence; the reason behind your  two weeks absence." Lucius was barely audible, but Draco nodded to his father in somewhat a sort of approval.

Lucius hurried inside the room and fetch a shabby wand.

"This is your new wand , you can now return mine,as it has not been such great experience for you."

Draco took the 10 inches long and slightly bend wand made from oak wood and bearing threstal hair as core.

As Draco apparated from the chimney's fireplace using the floo powder after returning his father's old  wand, Lucius unlocked a secret passageway behind a grotesque pillar in his manor which led him straight to a small attic and then he cast "Lumos" with his wand to unveil a painting remarkably ancient and  moth eaten from corners.

He quickly removed it from the wall and  said  evanesco and  reparo simultaneously to remove the cobwebs from the painting and repair the damage. 

Now a clear view of the painting was available,in which a lake dominated most of the picture with an empty boat on the banks and an orchard at the distant background.

He hanged it upon the wall and lit an old lanturn nearby,which burned with bluish flames and a pungent smell.

"Father, Father,where are you? i have come to meet you....i am your son Lucius." Lucius was getting impatient when a sore voice echoed.

"I am coming son...just wait ".

And he saw an old green coloured man with spots all around his visible body and wearing a strange hat, resembling almost  to the famous "sorting hat" at the howgwarts,but with a reddish tint.

The emerald skinned man had appeared from the bushes of the orchard and had now been sailing the boat to come across the lake.

"Lucius my son,atlast you have remembered me...and look at you how old and tired you are looking". Abraxas Malfoy was looking a bit cross.

"Father, Narssy has passed away and so has Bella...." Lucius's voice was broken.

There was a timid silence for sometime after which Abraxas spoke,in his sorest voice.

"How did this happen?"

"same old Dragon Pox,which took away you from us;Narssy just couldn't fight it long with the dose being ineffective once again."Lucius told his father.

"And Bella..?" Abraxas enquired.

"She....she got killed in a duel with a Weasley woman".

And before Abraxas can interrupt further,Lucius explained the course of events which happend after the rise of Voldemort.

"So she deserved that, that cruel little witch." Abraxas seemed unworried about the fate  of his daughter-in law's sister.

 "Dragon Pox takes another family member, that's a shame on wizarding world...dealing it with an ancient cure of Gunhilda and no progess is made meanwhile hundredths of wizards and witches are killed,out of the thousands affected...all i can say is Merlin has jinxed our family a bad luck",the senile dragonpoxenated  man was just lecturing on wizarding ethics and medicure when he heard from Lucius....

"I gave your wand to Draco"

 "What did you just say?",he was sounding awkwardly  happy.

"I said,i gave it to Draco...your Grandchild."Lucius tried to be calm.

"That means time has come for me to leave this portrait,as i have promised you before my death"

Abraxus's joy  was soon short-lived as he saw tears erupting from the corner of his son's eyes.

"Draco will return son and you will not be alone , i know it is hard for you on a situation like this,but you have shown immense courage today by accepting the truths and making the right move.

This world gives Joy only to those who takes it and not the ones who continue living in their sorrow shells.This is the last thing i have to tell you,so make freinds and live happily till the very end of your life."

And Abraxus Malfoy disappeared from the portrait......while Lucius Malfoy shed another gleaming tear on the attic room's carpet.