Chapter 3

I awake to the sound of a slamming car door. I get up going to the kitchen. I heard him stumble up the stairs to the front door. He opens the door and comes in. He smells strongly of booze. I look at the clock to see that its 3:30 p.m. I had been asleep for 2 hours. That's a good thing because I usually don't get much sleep. ''Get your ass over here and help me'' he says in a voice full of terror. I walk over wrapping my arm around his waist and help him into the living room. I set him down in his chair and start to walk away, before noticing something different about him. He isn't yelling. I was totally shocked. I didn't want to question it so I quickly hurried out. When I arrive back in the kitchen I start to find something for dinner. I needed to find out what I was going to make so, if it was meat it could thaw out. When I think that I'm going to make fish, I remember Jed doesn't like fish. When I decide to make spaghetti I grab the hamburger from the fridge and out it on the counter. while I waited for that to become soft I went and check on Jed. He was asleep on his chair. I walk up to my room to change into something comfy and warm. I put on my sweater and my yoga pants and some uggs. Id be a total white girl if I had some star bucks. I don't get things like that though. I'm lucky if I can get food that I make myself. When I do get to eat its very little. something like a child would eat. I might be a child. I am 15. But sense my mom died when I was 3 I've learned to kind of take care of my self, and Jed. i walk back into the kitchen to see that the hamburger was ready to be browned. i put the packaged meat on a plate and went to find some noodles. after i found the noodles and put the box on the table. after putting the meat in the microwave to make sure it was fully unthawed. I heard the foot of Jed's chair close. He was awake. Fear over came me again. As I heard him come closer to me, I started to shake. not know what to expect. he walked into the kitchen where I was. ''Go out side'' I looked at him in disbelief. ''Its like -11 degrees out'' I said not wanting to do as he commanded. ''Does it look like I care?'' he said starting to get angry. I slowly walked over to the door reaching for my coat. ''Leave it there and get your ass out side'' I could feel tears building up in my eyes. I slowly opened the door walking outside, to only feel the bitter cold on my skin. As I walk out I feel the door slam behind me and I hear Jed lock the door. I started to cry as I sat on the steps. I had only wished someone would help me. that's all I needed. I just wanted to be in a family that loved me for me. the only warmth I get is from my tears. I slowly wipe them away. I had pulled my knees to my chest hoping it would warm me. it didn't. I wished that someone would drive by and see me.

*****

About an hour passed and I was sure I was going to die out here. I hear Jed walk to the door and unlock it. He opened it and told me to come inside. I slowly walked in feeling a slight sting from the heat and cold clashing on my body. I see that he had eaten left overs from the fridge which was surprising to me. He never wants to. They just sit in the fridge to rot. I stand there not knowing what to do. I watch as he walks down the stairs to his room. I slowly walk behind him as I watch him close his door. when I looked at the clock it read 6:02 p.m. He was probably going to take another nap. I quickly ran to my room and out on warm clothes. I slipped into some leggings with warm puffy sweat pants and 2 hoodies. I started to warm up. I could still feel my cheeks thawing. it hurt more than you think. I walked down stairs to pull the meat from the microwave and put it back in the freezer. I got the noodles too and put them back as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------

This means you've made it to Chapter 3! Haha thanks for reading Please comment and vote!

-Tawnee and Peter