(10) Resurgence - Epilogue

This is a chapter dedicated to y'all my readers, for your peace of mind and closure.

We all need this, including myself.

This is not going to be a long chapter.

This is the end.

*inserts Adele song from 007 movie*

-

"...You need to let it go, and I can help with that"

Leo

I'm not ready to let it go

Months had passed since he left, since I had found myself right in the middle of some street in Holland. Apparently, the vortex was no taxi-driver.

So I had lost someone I loved, the place I was in and -at that time- I thought I lost my dog too.

God bless Levis was fine.

"Chessaya, you know I'm here for you", he softly said.

"I know you wanna help me, Leo, but I need more time"

Time felt like it was fast-forwarding my life, seasons felt like days and hours like seconds.

He wouldn't want me to be like this

A knock on the door made us both jump.

"Guys?", Alexei called from the back of the door "I kinda need my best man and Katrina need her bridesmaid too, so if you're ready..."

"In a second!", we both shouted.

"Come on", he said, reaching for my hand.

I weakly smiled and took his hand.

~~~~

"Why aren't you sleeping?", I asked

"It's just that... Every time you sleep, I can't help myself thinking that you're dreaming of him"

"He's gone", I said, concerned "You're the only one that matters"

I said, even though I carried Ignacio in my heart every day.

He was alive to me, but the weight of his life was pulling on my heart chords too badly for someone else to mend.

~~~~

"Yes, love, I'll be there in 10", I told Leo.

"You're gonna miss it"

"I'm not gonna miss our own wedding!"

"I just hope you're not eloping", he calmly said, yet stress was present in his voice.

"I'm not eloping!", I shouted and angrily hung up the phone.

"Bloody idiot", I muttered, and sat down on a bench with the dress that I had just picked out from the laundromat.

"Of course I had to stain my wedding dress on my wedding day", I said to myself.

"Tough day?", said a deep voice.

As I turned my head towards the man, I realized I was just noticing that he was sitting on the same bench as I.

"Y-yeah, kind of"

"I see you have a wedding dress there, so, congratulations are in order"

I smiled and then sunk in again, looking down.

"Yes, I'm getting married today"

"So why are you sad then?"

"Oh, I'm not sad that I'm getting married, I-I just wish that somebody was here too"

"Oh?"

"A friend of mine, he died several years ago"

"I see"

"I sometimes feel like he's near, watching over me as a protector. It's silly, I know, but I like the idea"

"Well I'm sure he is. You must've loved him a lot"

"I-I did"

"What was his name?"

"I-", remembering, I stopped myself "Lucero"