(1) Dreams

Hello! It's me, your author.

Nice to see you again, reader.

This is a spin-off of Fading Into The Accursed. You don't have to read the first book too, as just few things link the books, them being explained here anyway, so you know what's it about. To put you on track with everything, just so you don't have any misunderstandings, the action from this book is placed in a timeline after a war between the evil and the good forces.

This is a book about Chessaya Dimitrev, a girl that once had powers of calling the dark and visions of the future from when she was young. After a war between darkness and light, she lost both powers and in the present she lives as a young normal adult. She's Alexei's sister, him also having the power of light in the past, now gone too. This book is only in Chessaya's p.o.v.

The time and place are the end of summer 2015, Russia, Moscow.

Happy reading ~

x

--------------

I woke up jumping from my bed in fear, with my eyes wide open, breathing hard. My heart was threatening to jump out of my chest as I clashed once again on my pillow.

A premonition?

Seemed a little odd, as I didn't get those so often anymore. Instinctively, I looked at my forearms, expecting the ancient signs to appear, as they always did after I got one. But no, they were nowhere to be seen. I guess it was just another dream. Yeah, I began getting those lately. Being normal was weird.

Magic had left us all, only light refusing to leave our bodies.

I guess we only borrowed it in some way for the past war... Ah, yes, the war.

The war between light and darkness was quite a ride, I must say.

But hey, when you have your closest of friends around you, everything is bearable. We won.

And now everything was normal. I didn't even know how long had passed since our magic left us... A couple of months... Maybe more.

The dryness of my throat was disturbingly unpleasant and so, I made my way to the kitchen.

The light of the sun was already barging slightly through the wall-length windows of my apartment, giving the gray painted room a tinge of melancholy.

Even so, that's how I liked it best.

I never was one for bright colors.

Then I remembered Katrina. Hah, yeah. She's one to represent every bright thing.

My brother was lucky to have her as a fiancé, after all.

I quickly gulped a glass of water down and then put some to boil on the burner grate. It was almost morning and I needed my coffee.

After all, this was my first day of college. I needed the energy. Then, I remembered that today I had to attend a show at Fantasio. Katrina was dancing in lead and I was going to sit next to my brother, the patron of the theater, in the front row.

Now, that I've moved out from my brother's house and into my own apartment, I missed him more than ever. I missed Katrina, too. But I'd never tell them that... I am too tough for that mushy stuff. I began getting used to the single life, though.

*inserts all the single ladies song* hahaha

I love how my brain works so much sometimes.

~