Winter is Coming

The look on her face made my stomach churn. But I continued to smile anyway like every thought of mine wasn't consumed by Rhysand and whether or not he has decided to go to war or my plan on taking down the Spring Court. The steps already forming in mind. Sadly no one ever tells me anything, I just have to figure out how I can get myself into the heart of the court. It almost fees like history is repeating itself. And in a matter of time I'm afraid that there won't be anything left here. The king of Hybern is still planning on taking over the mortal realm, I still don't know if the queens actually turned to fae. Though I hope they died. Right there and then sprawled out on the floor in dripping wet clothes, their one wish to be young again the one thing that would end their very own lives. I doubt any of them were strong enough. For the cauldron had just tasted Nesta and those queens could never measure up to her darkness, to her strength that ran through her veins. They were to weak to stand up for themselves. And if they did survive, I'll make sure they suffer every ounce of blood they spilt. 

As soon as I leave this place. 

"When can I leave, I should probably get back to the Spring Court." She gives me a look that forces me to say,

"So I can get back to my mate." She raises and eyebrow and I smile the words I have spun to stay alive haunting me in a dark place of all the lies I've ever told.

"Actually we have just received word that you are to move to the winter palace in a couple of weeks and stay there for a week of two with free rein to go where you please as long as I am with you at all times. After that you may return to the Spring Court where you are too receive your first order from the High Lord of the Spring Court in the first steps in aiding the King of Hybern in this war."  Her words shake me for a second, every muscle in me tense leaving me frozen as a flashback comes to me shaky and everything feels so frightening as I remember Cassian's wings, Tamlin reaching out and the safety of Rhys when he shelterred me in him. He'd know what to do right now or at least he would be here. 

And then it strikes me, the plan on how I will get my revenge. I need to find out where Tamlin goes when he leaves the manor. Because then if I can get there I can get information. I may even have to use the darkest gift inside me. I just might have to use the High Lord's gift from the night court. Maybe more than once even. 

But first I have to make sure everyone thinks I hate my mate, a shudder runs down my back at the thought. And I so must go along with that bastard's deal. A stupid fool. I curse under my breath and the girl looks at me with wide eyes. 

"Would you mind if I went to the bathroom?" I ask as innocently as I can. 

"Yes, but I haft to go with you." I get out of the bed and realize that my clothes have changed from spring court attire to plush white pants and a long white shirt. But nothing felt like the comfort and darkness of black and blue from the night court. Everything else was too overdone. Dresses every day, long and flowing. Yet Rhys somehow knew the clothes I really wanted to wear. The door opens automatically, I expect to feel cold but the air is warm. 

"So where exactly am I?" I don't even know if she'll tell the truth or even reply but I ask anyway.

"You are in an adjoining manor of the winter palace. My grandfather lives in the palace. There are three others each connected with a passageway of underground tunnels so that of the manor was attacked we only need to go underground to find safety in another castle." 

"Interesting." I reply trying not show my intense curiosity.

"Though I am confiding in you I have the strange feeling that I can trust you." She wipes away a strand of hair, her beauty illuminating the dim corridor lit only by flickering candles.