Chapter 26

A loud knock on the door interrupts my thoughts, and I reluctantly leave the large bed and open it. A sweaty, out of breath girl barges into me as she sprints past, immediately running to Taylor's side.

"Well, hello to you too."

I mutter as I turn to Cara, raising my eyebrows in surprise as a weak giggle echoes through the hotel room, and remarkably, it came from Taylor.

Grinning broadly, Cara's tickling Taylor's sides, making her howl with laughter. I see Taylor's face is still unnaturally pale, but she looks ten times better than earlier. I let out a loud sigh of relief, and both girls immediately go silent. Cara whips her head around to face me, as if she's only just noticed I exist. She's frowning heavily, but then Taylor jumps up off of the couch and starts to ramble,

"Oh- I'm so sorry if I scared you earlier, it really shouldn't be anything to worry about, I just threw up and- well, it was probably the airplane food or something-"

"-Yeah, but Tay-"

"-I just must've eaten too many cookies or something, Harry. Don't worry!-'"

"-No but last night-"

"-Harry. I'm fine. Okay-"

"-But the Chinese food a-and the sobbing a-"

"-It's nothing, okay! Calm the hell down. I'm perfectly fine. J- just back off."

The shocked look on Cara's face only makes Taylor's comment more hurtful, and I step away from her as she huffs grumpily and stomps out of the room. Furrowing my eyebrows in confusion, I stare blankly at the ground, my hands in my pockets pathetically as her words sink in.

"W- would you just talk to her?"

I avoid eye contact as Cara replies softly,

"Yeah...um, of course. I- I'm on it."

I watch her feet intently as she strolls out of the room, lifting my head to look at her as she reaches the door. She suddenly stops and turns back to face me. I look sadly at her as she opens her mouth to say something else, but then quickly closes it, shaking her head sympathetically as she closes the door silently behind her.

* * *

Taylor:

I sigh loudly. My head's started to throb painfully now, and I stand in the corner of the room with my arms crossed, staring out the window at not really anything, trying to think.

That was called for, right? I mean, Harry was being super annoying, judging everything I did last night like it was an illness or something, plus he wouldn't listen to me at all when I told him I was fine. Well, that was a lie, of course, Harry could always see right through me. Ugh.

I groan loudly at this realisation, squeezing my eyes shut as the throbbing in my head increases to a full on migraine. Rubbing my head in an attempt to tame it, I stride over to the closed door, pressing my ear against it nosily. That's when the door's pushed open forcefully, and Cara shrieks as I stumble backwards, luckily catching myself on the sink as my vision goes fuzzy.

Groaning again, my vision clears enough for me to see Cara standing there, a furious look on her face, with her arms folded across her chest. Just to prove her point even more, she's tapping her foot on the floor obnoxiously.

"What, Cara?

I hardly get time to finish my question before she starts to scold me,

"Oh. my. GOD. Taylor, you are SO naive! You were just SO MEAN to Harry back there! And why?! Just 'cause he cares about you too much?! Not cool, Tay. Seriously NOT. COOL. He's just standing there all pathetic, and-"