Eight

Dallas
The whip cracked against my back, and I bit my lip to repress my screams. It had been weeks since they had found me. They wanted answers to things that I didn't know.

He pulled my chair till we were breathing together, "Where is she, Dallas?"

I shook my head, clinching my fists. "I dont know. Like I would ever tell you if I did," I spat. He wiped the spit then nodded and whipped me again. I couldn't suppress my scream of agony. It his like a thousand her stings, and this was the eighth one.

"Where is she?!" he screamed.

"I really don't know!" I replied, that earned me another lash. He grabbed my chin, "Scream at me again, and see what happens."

Someone snapped their fingers, and the guy backed away. Uncle Peter walked out, holding a silver blade with gloves. His guard or whatever you want to call him, shivered in disgust.

"U-uncle Peter," I shivered, "What are you doing here?"

He smiled, "Dallas you were always a darling, always using formalities. Do you realize that you are chained here for Amber? What did your Father always tell you?"

Always take care of yourselves first children, I thought. Those were the happier times.

"Ahh, you remember. So, if you tell us where Amber is, we will let you go," he grinned and played with the blade, "If you don't, then you will be in deep trouble."

"I don't know where she is. My wolf shut off a long time ago, and isn't coming back for a while. I can't connect with her, please believe me," I begged, tears forming. I felt the twin bond of Amber and I coming back.

She was in a packhouse, in a room, in tears, looking at a drawing of me. A blonde guy kissed her forehead and left. I was about to see where he was.

Someone growled, and I felt it before I saw it. A searing light scraped up my back, forming burn marks. I screamed as it went through my hands and arms. I could see my veins wildly  pump out of my arms. I saw black dots on my vision. My eyes rolled back, and my body went limp as I drifted into unconsciousness.

Amber
I was still staring at the sketch I drew, still missing Dallas. Then a searing pain went up my back. I screamed as I dropped to the floor. Gabe ran in, "Love?" He ran over to me, "Whats happening?"

I was going to answer, but another searing pain went up my back. I screamed again, and rolled to the table, smashing into it. The pain shot up in my hands, as sweat poured from my face. My veins were pumping out of my arms. Gabe grabbed me, holding me close, before sprinting out the door.

"What the hell," he muttered while running.

He was halfway to the doctor's office, but I began to see black dots. My body went limp as my eyes rolled back into a state of unconsciousness.

Gabe
I ran into the doctor's office, and Mom was sitting at her desk. "Gabe, what are you doing here?"

I placed Amber on the cot, and Mom shivered, "Give me ten minutes." I nodded, and paved outside for a while. Then, Mom opened the door.

"It's a twin bond. Her twin was in some serious pain and it transferred to her body. Only serious pain travels between twin wolves. She should be up in an hour, just get some rest," Mom muttered.

I nodded, picked Amber up, and walked back to our room. I placed her on the bed, curled next to her, and fell asleep.