Nineteen

Amber

I run over to Jake and Gabe, and lightly smack Gabe's cheeks. He stirs, but remains unconscious. "W-what happened?" I said between sobs.

"An explosion. He was knocked into a tree and he passed out as I dragged him to safety," Jake says, holding back his tears, "Dallas, back everyone up. We need Gabe alright."

Dallas nods, "Alright! I need everyone to back up!"

Like asked, everyone backed away as Jake dragged Gabe to the safe house. I trailed behind and they laid Gabe on a cot in a room. Cheryl and a man who I didn't recognize run inside the room.

"Oh! My baby!" Cheryl cried. She took her equipment and looked at us, "Can I maybe get some privacy with Amber?"

They nodded and they left, while I stood there. Cheryl wiped a tear from her cheek and looked at him. He sat there, pale and unconscious. Mate, Daisy sobbed.

Amber..

What..Is..Happening?

Who's this?

Gabe.

What? That can't be, you're unconscious. I see you!

Love, calm down. We're mindlinking because of the mark.

Gabe, I'm worried about you. Are you ok, I couldn't bare it if something happened..

Amber, stop that. Nothing will happen to me. I am fine. I love you and will keep loving you no matter what. Relax please, and tell Mom I'm okay, but tired.

Ok.

"Gabe's fine," I reply, "We just mindlinked. He says he's fine, but just tired."

Cheryl sighed, "That's a relief." Cheryl smiled, "Since he's so tired, I don't think he would mind if we went to look at his old baby photos.."

Gabe jolted awake, "I'm up!"

I laughed and tackled him in a hug, "I love you, Gabe."

He's taken aback, "I-I love you, too."

Jake walks in, "The packhouse has been watered down. It's safe to go back over there." Gabe strides to Jake and they hug.

"Thanks man," Gabe says. Jake smiles and walks out. Another man walks in. He's tall, muscular, and blonde, with dark brown eyes.

I whimper and hide in Gabe's arm, "I'm scared."

"There's no need. Amber, this is my dad. Dad, this is my mate, Amber," Gabe says.

I eyed Gabe's dad, my eyes peeking from his arms. His dad seemed so familiar, I couldn't put my finger on it..

I waved, still afraid, "Hello Alpha Davidson."

His voice boomed with laughter, "No need for formalities, really. You can call me Gabriel."

I glance at Gabe and he nods, "Yup. That's where I get my name from. My full name is Gabriel Jr. Davidson."

Cheryl coughs, "Gabe.."

"Fine. It's Gabriel Jr. Florian Davidson," he blushes.

I hardly contain my laughter, "Don't worry. Mine is Amber Bertha-Anne Parker."

"No," Gabe growls.

I raise an eyebrow, "What?"

"You forgot something. You're Amber Bertha-Anne Davidson," he says. I laugh and give him a peck.