G Key

My bubblegum pink hair blew in the wind as me and Zonnique stood at the bus stop. It was super cold today and all I wore was a pink north face jacket and a black beanie. Now Nique on the other hand was dressed appropriately since she "didn't do temperatures below sixty degrees" as she told me. The thing was, that was the only sentence I heard because I zoned out on the rest of it. The bus pulled up to the bus sign and I ran up the steps into our usual seats in the front. Everybody on the bus began erupting in laughter as Zonnique walked up the steps. Why was everyone laughing? Zonnique didn't have anything on her face or outfit and her hair was set perfect so what was so funny? I knitted my eyebrows as Zonnique sat down next to me. She looked super sad and bummed out. What's going on? Zonnique slung her book bag in front of her. Her bottom lip started to quiver and her eyes watered all up. The droplets didn't fall because Nique was nonstop wiping her eyes.

At school the halls erupted in laughter and constant chatter among the teenagers in the school. Enough was enough! I stormed over to Zonnique's locker to see what was up. There she was her hands shaking while she put her books into her locker and got ready for her next class.

"Zonnique why is everybody laughing at you? What'd you do?" I put my hands on her shoulder.

"So you didn't see any type of social media?" Nique said quietly.

"No I've been playing my piano and helping G-Mommy." My face scrunched up. Zonnique threw her phone into my hands and slammed her locker closed.

"Well go ahead and read the ignorance." Nique egged on. I read over the things said about Zonnique and saw the source of it. I read it out loud quietly so no one would hear me.

"Zonnique gave her v-card up to her step-father LOL! Always knew she was an easy one. My home boy Chresanto smashed her WHILE her step-father was there watching. Whore alert!" Rayan's status read. I scrolled down some more and saw all the negative comments and lies told about Nique. I looked up at her as she viciously tapped her leg while biting her lip.

"Zonnique now you know these things aren't tru-"

"Don't you dare say they aren't! I am a whore! A helpless whore." Zonnique ran off. That little scene caught everybody's attention. Rayan was cracking up while Chresanto's face looked stone cold and when he looked at Ray he looked like he wanted to beat him up. As I was walking away Rayan said something to me that caught me off guard but put adrenaline in me.

"Bahja did your father take your v-card too? Is that why he's in jail? Or were you so ugly that your mother had to travel the world to get away from your Grinch looking behind!" Rayan cackled.

"Bro that wasn't cool at all! That was sick. Real sick. I trusted you with those secrets and yo deceptive self told them to everybody in the school! You is the definition of a punk." Chresanto shoved him.

"Oh I'm deceptive? But wasn't you the one who was smiling all up in Bahja face but coming back to us saying that you couldn't wait to get in her pants? Oh. I'll wait." Rayan said. Chresanto was about to argue back with Ray but a gut-wrenching yell rang through the halls. I knew that yell from anywhere especially since I heard it every time I used up the hot water in the shower. I ran as fast as I could to the to where the sound came from. Everybody followed behind me trying to keep up. Even Rayan followed me. I opened the girl's bathroom door and saw Zonnique on her knees with a knife shoved deep into her stomach.

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!" I held my mouth. Nique's gaze fixed on me as she fell. Then she let out her final words.

"Best friends f-fore-ever." Nique fell onto her back her legs still bent.

"You punk nigga! You killed my step-sister!" Chresanto pushed Ray back. The crowd was still in shock.

"Someone call the police!" One person out of the crowd yelled. I began to go crazy, so crazy that I ran to the toilet and tried to drown myself. I held onto that toilet for dear life as Chresanto tried to pull me up from it. He succeeded and threw me over his back.

15 minutes later...

The paramedics came and took Zonnique to the hospital as fast as they could. I was sitting in a school chair with a blanket covering my body. It was cold outside but I refused to move out this chair. That is until my grandmother comes to take me to the hospital. Everybody was still in shock and some stared at me. Chresanto sat on my left side while a random girl sat on my right. Rayan sat as far away as he could. But it wasn't far enough. I glared at him as he nervously picked at his kilt.

"Bahja...you good?" Chresanto looked up at me.

"Was raping my sister okay?" My head snapped towards him.

"No..." He sighed.

"Then there's your answer fuck boy." I said.

"Aye chill on Chresanto. Even though we ain't cool right now he still my new homie." Rayan stood up.

"Do you really want to go there Pippy Longstockings?" I still sat in my chair.

"Was your sister raped? Did your mother leave you? Did your father go to jail?" Rayan got buck.

"I guess my father will be seeing me in prison." I growled while leaping on Rayan. I clawed at his face and just plain ole fucked him up. I was tired of him and plus he was getting what he deserved and wanted. Attention. Chresanto got me off of him and sat me back in my chair.

"Bahja stop before the police arrest yo ass." Chresanto said.

"I don't care! Arrest me! Please do!" I screamed. I sat back in my chair and covered myself with the blanket again.

"All I know is if my sister dies, I'm lighting up all y'all houses!" I raged. My grandmother's car pulled up to the school and I practically threw myself inside. My grandmother made a 360 and sped the opposite way of the hospital.

"Grandma where you going? The hospitals the other way!" I said frantically.

"I'm dropping you off at home Bahj." She said her eyes still stuck on the road.

When we reached my house me and my grandmother argued back and forth about me not being able to go and see my sister. After that I just decided to stop arguing with her and go inside the house. The lights were on and a woman sat on the couch.

"Aw fuck no. Not today!" I muttered.