Chapter 4 - Lean on me, love

Here’s an update! Enjoy reading and don’t forget to vote to show your support. Have fun!

CHAPTER FOUR

Adrianna

Okay, that was reckless and impulsive. I couldn’t remember exactly why I hugged him. All I know is that I will hug anyone near me because I am so grateful at the moment. My plan’s being executed perfectly. Valedictorian, baby!

What’s worse, he smiled. That wicked smile that mortifies me. I couldn’t take those eyes looking at me. At all.

But I thought about my friend Matt. After our first class, I approached him to make sure that he's fine with me replacing him.

"Matt, um" Okay, that was stupid. I didn't know what to say.

"um, what?" he asked, he is tall and well built. He is built like the school quarterback but he's not a jock. He is one of the kindest person here at Hampton.

"About the whole.." i paused, finding the right words.

"You picked as one of the top qualifiers? Come on, Ade, really? You think I'd be mad or anything because of that? Of course I'm mad." He shouted the last part that made me nervous. The whole time I was looking down. And when I looked up after he shouted at me, I saw him chuckling.

"What does that mean?" i asked, still confused.

"Nothing. You looked like you're grounded for the rest of your life." he laughed harder. "Come on, I never thought about that. I'm so proud of you that you made it." He smiled then he hugged me. I hugged him back. The weight that I've been carrying all gone. Great.

"Okay, awesome. I promise, I will not break the winning streak." i said. That has just made me dedicate more efforts for this competition. This is not just about me. This is for my friend Matt too.

"Win it for me, okay?" He smiled and put his fist in front of him.

"I will. I promise." I bumped my fist into his. "Anyway, I gotta go. I need to start studying." I said.

"Okay then. Bye." he waved at me.

I head straight into the library and got myself my favorite table. I quickly started studying.

‘So, tired of staring, huh?’ Jared said as he piles his books on my table. We need to study as a team because of course, we’re a team now. We need to act as one if we want to nail this coming competition.

‘Let it go, moron.’ I rolled my eyes on him. He smirked.

‘Can’t keep your hands off me, that’s cool, really.’ He replied.

‘I was so happy that I could hug anyone who’s beside. It happens that you were that person. And I was at the peak of the moment. Okay, so let it go.’ I explained.

‘Yea, can you?’ he asked.

‘You think so much of yourself, don’t you think?’

‘I am so much.’

‘You’re what?’

‘I’m smart, girls throw themselves at me. I can have whoever I want. I am rich. I am so much.’

‘Yea, right’ I said, disgusted.

‘Of course I’m right. I’m always right.’

‘I can’t take it, your ego’s suffocating. Better shut up that mouth. Let’s get this thing done.’ I suggested.