Chapter 6 - FInally!

Here comes the continuation of the crazy love story of Adrianna and Jared! Hope you’ll enjoy reading!

Adrianna

‘We were like soldiers fighting, blazing with the desire to win the championship!’ I basically told Jenna everything that happened from the weird stall of Jared before hopping into the car to his disgusted angst when he told me to stop reviewing to the coaches who put up too much pressure on their delegates and how cool Ms. Anderson is to both of us.

 Not quite a smart move – even the ‘entrapment operation’ made by Jared before we enter the room where we competed. And WON. It feels like I just win a competition all over again whenever I remember what happened and how cool we were as a team down there.

 ‘So, this nerd turned hottie Jared, is he, you know..’ Jenna giggles when she’s asking me.

 ‘I know what?’ I asked her.

‘hot?’ she finished what she’s saying.

‘Who told you that he is?’ I said defensively. Then, I forced myself to remember my story I had just spilled out to make sure that ‘hot’ was never said. From what I recalled, I said nothing. I just breathe out a sigh of relief.

 ‘No one’s here, right? Just the two of us? Am I crazy?’ her tone begun to change. ‘Delusional? Out of my mind? Worried sick that I’m falling in love? Worried that of all people, my hot nemesis makes my heart throbs thrice faster?’ Aunt Jenna said those words irritatingly. It’s as if everything she said was mystical.

 ‘Are you and Seth working it out fine?’ I ignored her completely.

 ‘I don’t know. But I know we’re not dating this coming Saturday.’ Jenna really has her way to get into my nerves. Ugh.

                ‘It’s not a date. It was my instinct to give in to the assault rather than causing a public scene. So cut the act.’ I said,Jenna staring at me the whole time.

 ‘Assault? So poetic, don’t you think?’ I almost shouted at her. But Jenna didn’t notice. ‘You know what, you two can be best friends. You’re both out of your minds.’ I shouted at her. Then we both laughed hard.

 Okay, Jenna, seriously, how are you two mending things?’ I asked.

 ‘Mending?’ then she chuckled.

‘What?’ there’s crease on my forehead.

‘Nothing.’ She replied.

‘Are you stoned or something?’

 ‘Are you in love or something? Jenna fought back, mimicking my intonation.

 ‘No! Okay? Project: Valedictorian, remember?’

 ‘Whatever.’ Jenna waved her hand.

 ‘So what now?’ I insisted. She just smiled.

 Jenna can be bubbly, funny and astonishingly crazy, but when it comes to Seth, she’s the finest lady you’ll ever meet. Things get serious whenever Seth and Jenna is part of it. That’s how loyal she was to Seth. And I keep on wondering, how come, when you have the most loyal and dedicated wife in the world, you leave them and be with somebody else? Men will always be boys. That’s why they never fit the qualifications to be on my plans before I graduate.

 I have nothing against Seth. But I have something against what he did to Jenna. And if I have to take sides, I know Jenna’s the right one. She’s the one left behind. But, I commend Seth for trying to mend their relationship. And I’m rooting for them.