Chapter 15 - What is going on?

Chapter 15 here! Thank you so much for the support you guys are giving to LOVE ME AND YOU’RE DEAD.  To all the kind words you gave me, thank you so much. Here’s what happens next!

Sit back, relax and enjoy!

JARED

I’ve been lying down the blanket, riling up Ade when I heard her said “Oh, my God.” And I saw her horrified. I followed her gaze and found Aunt Clarence and I suppose, that’s her aunt Jenna fighting.

The next thing I know, I am running towards them.

“Get the hell out of here.” The woman, I assumed to be Ade’s aunt shouts at Clarence, full rage showing on her face. The muscles on her face’s too tense. Then I saw Conrad holding my aunt on my right, who’s been quiet the whole time. What is he doing here anyway?

I held Clarence in my arms and let her lean on my shoulders. Her body suddenly became slouched and weak, and I can feel her tears streaming down her cheeks soaking my shoulders. I nodded thanks to Conrad who then walked towards Jenna with Ade beside her now. I walked Clarence towards our room. I didn’t expect her to be here honestly. This is supposed to be boys’ weekend for Lance, Louie and I.

When we got into the room, she lets go of me and lie straight down the bed. Still crying.

“Why are you here?” I asked her. The statement’s a bit too strong but I didn’t have the luxury of time to think of a better way of asking.

“Just wanted to surprise you, that’s all.” She honestly replied.

“Surprise?” I asked, with much gentle voice now. “for what?” I inquired further.

“ Yea, I know your birthday is not a big deal for you. But it is for me, honey. Okay?”  She replied. 

Yes. I then remembered that tomorrow will be my birthday. I will turn eighteen. Thanks to Aunt Clarence for reminding me. 

“Wow. That’s too kind of you, really. Thank you.” I sincerely said to her. I got up from the chair and sat beside her. She hugged me suddenly. Her right arm above my stomach that I can’t help but feel the love she’s been giving me all this time. The feeling’s overwhelming that I can’t help myself but hug her back.

“You know you’re awesome, right?” I told her.

“You bet.” She then chuckled lightly. We’ve been quiet for quite some time. I’ve been thinking of the best way to ask her about what happened out there.

“What happened out there…”

Shhh”  She wanted me to keep quiet. So I lie there beside her. Caressing her hair until she fell asleep.

ADRIANNA

When I saw Jared running towards Clarence, I suddenly had the courage to come near the commotion. I run towards aunt Jenna. She was sobbing hard when I held her and hugged her tightly.

“She can’t be here.” She kept on saying to me. She kept on whispering the words when I’m trying to calm her down.

‘It’s okay, Jenna. It’s okay.” I kept on replying. I am a bit taller than Jenna that’s why I can hug her and kiss her head. I haven’t seen Jenna like this before. The last time she’s been this mad probably was when she’s fighting with Uncle Seth.