Chapter 3 - I made it!

Here’s the third part of the story. Don’t forget to vote for it. Thanks! Enjoy reading!

CHAPTER THREE

 Jared

I will be competing for a mathematics quiz bee this month. It has always been me and Matt, my classmate who excels on the subject and not quite on others, who represents Hampton High for the annual mathematics competition. We always won. We’re the undefeated duo. Not that we’re hanging out, or friends, or anything. Matt’s a good guy. He’s just not a friend.

Not like Lance and Louie. They are my best friends. We practically grew up together. Hampton’s not that big in geographical number or population either. Lance is a total techie, and Louie, the man with very few words, as what girls in school describe him. They established good reputations when it comes to academics and well, they’re chick magnets, too. They’ll date anything in skirts. Lance grew up doing it. But Louie, after Haley, he just turned from a loyal and affectionate into a total player.

‘It’s math month, J. Are you like, pressured or something? We’ll join the qualifying exam this year.’ Lance mocked. He can actually be one of the participants but he finds it not-cool to join a quiz bee. But I need to stay on top. Not quite the perks.

‘For what? I’ll always be the top qualifier.’ I reminded him.

‘Looks like crazy girl’s in it to grab it.’ Lance said. He meant Adrianna.

‘Well, she’ll have to be ahead of Matt, if she wants to participate and be my teammate.’

‘Oh, that’s the ultimate dream.’ Louie butted in.

‘Oh, yes. The ultimate dream.’ Lance pressed on.

‘I’ll be doomed if she’s the one joining me to compete. My streak will be lost.’

‘Because you will not be able to solve anything, you’re mind’s drifting somewhere else.’ Lance said

‘Somewhere near Ade’s lips.’ Louie added

‘Or body.’ Lance corrected him.

‘You think what you guys want to think, but that’s not gonna happen. She’ll be a pain in the ass.’

‘Hey, Jar.’ Louie said suddenly with a serious tone.

‘ Have you ever wonder, what if, you actually hit on her?’

‘That’s crap.’ I defensively commented

‘Come on, we know you have it for her.’

‘Have what, exactly?’ Lance asked Louie for me.

‘ Jared’s been eyeing Adrianna since seventh grade. Come on, Lance. Don’t play dumb.’

‘Yea, he’s dying every time her scent filled his nose, her eyes’ all on him, like a child.’

‘What made you think I’m not doing it?’ I asked both of them. They’re both shocked.

‘Doing what?’ Lance instantly became too interested.

‘I’m courting her. And I think, it’s working.’ I said proudly.

‘Whoa. That’s my man.’ Lance patted my shoulder.

‘Good.’ Louie added.

After several seconds, I couldn’t contain my laugh and I exploded into a guffaw. The two of them looked at me, all puzzled and, as hilarious as it appears, concerned.