Meeting... her

Word count: 491

Night Fury's P.O.V.

A rumble came from the queen. I side stepped away from the Viking that was leaning against my chest and bowed my head avoiding eye contact.

"Night Fury, why have you brought this human here with you"

I lower my gaze even further, "W-well my queen, I-I thought he would be of use to you."

She seemed interested, "How so? Speak your thoughts"

"I uh, h-he could be a, um, rider! You know, kinda like a protecter of the dragons. During raids, w-when other D-dragons get shot down, he could release them."

The queen looked at me skeptically, "How would he know what to do," she paused for only a moment, clearly having already having a plan in mind "Oh I know!" She trilled, then a sudden change in her expression showed wickedness. "Teach him dragonese."

My eyes widen in shock. In my state my gaze turned to look directly at her, then immediately turned away. "My queen, I don't think that a human could learn su-"

"Figure it out, and please do remember the consequences of disobeying my orders. No dragon is irreplaceable." She gave a smirk then turned away back into the depths of the crimson fog.

I then looked at the human. My options were limited, I could A. Run away, then I dismissed the thought, the queen can send out scouts. B. Don't follow orders, ehhh nope! C. Try to do as she asks, I will most definitely fail in doing so but in the small change that she might show me forgiveness I think it's the best option. C it is then.

In order for him to become a protector he needs to learn how to ride. I smirked, ran up to the human, then flipped him onto my back. The Viking was clearly nervous. I walked around in circles getting him used to my movement. Just to throw him off (not literally) in my fourth round of circling I leaped off the ground beating my wings.

He rapped his arms around my neck. I think I may have been going a bit to fast. I slowed down. Now that I was gliding the boy seemed to have calmed down and was sitting up.

Soon after I landed in my own space, normally dragons share a cave with 4-5 others, of the same species. However, I have one all to my self for two reasons. I'm in a fairly high rank, also there isn't anyone to share with, everyone avoids me. I bet it's because their intimidated with my epic-ness (A/N you keep telling your self that).

The young Viking got off, went to a back corner, and sat down cross legged. As I walked up to him his stomach growled.

Yes I know it's incredibly short but 600+400 equals a big number so HA! It came out fairly fast too.