Morning Routine

Word count: 566
~Time skip 3 years (15 yrs)~
~Astrids P.O.V~

Today's the day, I start my official dragon training. Gobber said he's already taught me most of these things, but not quite all of them, yet I still have to go though this to explain how I know as much as I do. Vikings are not supposed to go through with training until they reach a certain age. But I needed to learn right then, right after that one night. You see, the raid that one night, made me want to be able to protect my village and defeat the enemy for good.

I went to the great hall to get my morning meal. I took a seat in the corner with bread and some dried fruit. The bread seemed to be a couple days old, no telling about the fruit. I wolfed down my food, and decided to murder some trees before I went off to the arena.

Before I walked out of the dim lighted room I stacked my dish atop the others, then presumed with my task.

Before I went into the dark forest of trees I stopped by the forge as I often did. Gobber wasn't in his shop so I wrote a small note saying I was borrowing a sword for practice and I would return it soon enough. I picked up one that had been made rather light weight (for a Viking) but it was not something you could easily lift so to speak. It was just a few ounces off of being the same weight as my axe ( just as conformation).

I strapped the sword to my belt, axe on my back, and jogged off to the lush forest.

I got there, it was a nice cleared out area, with a tree stump towards the center, Believe it or not, I was not the one to cut down this tree. While I do scar and maim them, I don't intentionally try to cut them down.

I looked up at the soft blue sky. It was so pretty, yet monsters fly though it, something Vikings can't achieve, not ever. It was unfair, but then again life's not fair, some people die when they have done nothing wrong in their entire lives, just like hiccup.

I swung my axe against a tree and pulled it out leaving behind a huge gash. "That's to the next dragon I see" my thoughts escaped though my mouth. I continued to attack the tree until  my rage slowly sapped away.

I let gravity relive the weight of my axe. Then I fell back onto the grass sighing. "What would it be like without dragons" I laughed, "what a weird world that would be!"

I looked up to the sky, judging by what point the sun was at I'd say it was about eight, an hour to spend before dragon training. I better head off, better not be late.

I AM SOOOO SOORRRYYY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR A MONTH, SCHOOL SUCKS!
I am also sorry for hiccup not being in this chapter either, I really need ideas for how hiccup and Astrid will meet, this fanfiction does not have any plot what so ever! Ideas are very much appreciated! Don't forget to vote, and thank you to all my new followers, trust me I brag to my friends every time I get a new one, I don't think they care....

I am also working on this new story thingy, it's where I make a bunch of one shots of ocs given to me by you guys!