Chapter 14

Riley’s POV

I stood staring at the box on my bed, not wanting to open it. It was Friday. The big day. It was the day that Harry was taking me to some big public event. Louis had stopped by earlier, delivering the box. He said I was to wear it that night. I tapped my foot, nerves taking over my body. I couldn’t tell if they were because of the event or because of seeing what I would have to wear to it.

I couldn’t handle it any longer. I grabbed the lid of the box and ripped it off. I grabbed the dress and held it up. It was a short black dress. It had cap sleeves and opening in the back that formed a V-shape, with the point at the top of the skirt. The skirt part was form fitting, but the material was soft and stretchy. It was simply elegant.

I put the dress on a hanger so it wouldn’t wrinkle. My hair was already in rollers, being set for big, bouncy curls. In the meantime, I did my makeup. I went for simple, applying my foundation and blush. Then, for my eyes I put on a shimmery silver eye shadow, black eyeliner, and mascara. I took out the rollers, unraveling my hair into perfect curls. Next, I stepped into the dress.

I turned to the mirror. The dress was stunning. With the collar almost reaching my collarbone and the skirt ending mid-thigh, I knew it was the perfect dress for any occasion. I was putting on my black heels when the doorbell rang. I mentally cursed, grabbed my clutch and rushed to the door. I opened the door to see Harry in a suit and bow tie.

“Hi,” I said a little breathlessly.

“Hey,” he said, a smile playing on his lips.

“You rang the doorbell,” I stated.

“Don’t sound so surprised.”

“Come on,” I said. “You sound surprised that I sound surprised.”

Harry laughed at my nonsense. “Alright, I’ll admit I don’t always use the doorbell.”

“Or knock.”

He shook his head at me. “Alright or knock. You ready to go?”

I nodded my head and followed him out, shutting the door behind me. He offered me his arm and I grabbed hold, not wanting to trip. He whispered into my ear. “You look beautiful by the way.”

I felt the blood rush into my cheeks, creating a natural blush. “Well you look pretty dapper yourself.”

He smiled and led me out into the parking lot. Harry led me to a car and opened the door to the back. I got in and slid over, making room for Harry. He sat down and closed the door behind him. The car took off as soon as he shut the door.

“Where are your band mates?” I questioned him.

“They are meeting us there.”

“Oh. And where exactly is ‘there’?”

He smirked at me. “You’ll just have to see.”

“Ah come on Harry! You’re such a tease. You know I hate surprises,” I pouted.

He laughed at me. “You don’t hate surprises, you just hate the waiting for the surprise.”

“Fine you’re right,” I conceded.

Harry slid his arm around me and leaned in. “And besides, I’m not the only one being a tease,” he whispered in my ear as his eyes looked me up and down.

My mouth opened in shock and blush rushed to my cheeks. “Harry!” I slapped his chest with the back of my hand.

Harry laughed, causing his head to slightly tip back. “You know I’m right.”