Chapter 11

Harry’s POV

I rode the elevator up to the top floor. I was late considering my meeting started five minutes ago. Oh well. I could honestly care less considering I was going to see management. It was going to be some bullshit meeting about my image or something I’d done considering none of the other boys had a meeting.

I stepped off the elevator and walked right past the receptionist ignoring her. I walked straight into the office and sat down.

“Ah I see you finally decided to show Harry,” James said.

“Yeah well there was traffic,” I said lamely.

“So would you like something to drink?”

“Skip the small talk James. Just tell me why I’m here.”

James sighed and placed his folded hands on his desk. He paused for a moment before he placed a magazine in front of my face. I looked at it. It was of Riley and me the night I took her to Ed’s concert. Questions were printed across the page wondering who she was, if we were dating, and was Ed talking about us when he made his speech?

I pinched the bridge of my nose and closed my eyes. “What about her?”

“Who is she?”

“Her name’s Riley. I just met her a few weeks ago. She’s just moved to London.”

“Are you dating?” James inquired.

“What? No, we’re just friends.”

“Well that’s too bad. Because you’re going to start dating this girl.”

I was confused. I didn’t understand what he was saying. Was he really going to force me to date Riley?

“I don’t understand,” I told him.

“You are going to date Riley.”

“What?” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

“Look Harry. You’re image, when we first formed the band, was the flirt who moved around. When we started, that was okay. Now your image is suffering. Our research is showing that the fans don’t like you being a ladies man. So now we have to change your image to the committed boyfriend in a serious relationship.”

I sighed in frustration. “This is ridiculous. I haven’t even gone out in a date in a month. I haven’t been in a relationship since Taylor. And we all know how well that one turned out. I’m in now way a ladies man”

James leaned back in his chair. “While you and Taylor ended badly, it did skyrocket publicity. Now that you guys just ended touring and you have your movie coming out, people want to see you settling down for a while. You guys are going to be working on your next album and while, yes you’ll be busy, you’ll also be here. In London, where you can make a serious relationship work.”

“Okay. But I don’t understand why you have to bring Riley into this. Why can’t I just date some model or another client of yours that needs a fame boost.”

James smiled. “Now if only it’s that easy. We need someone who isn’t famous. Someone who is a normal person. Fans have been dying to see you boys date a fan or someone who is a plain Jane for a long time now.”

Now I was pissed. “Then find me a random girl on the damn street. I’m not doing this to Riley. I’m not. It’ll ruin her life. Do you understand that? It’s already bad enough that I’m her friend. The media is already after her for that. Do you know what she’ll go through if we date? It’s not happening.”

James glared at me. I could tell he was starting to get serious. “I’m not picking some random girl Harry. It’s her Harry. The fans love her already. They want to know whom she is, how you guys met, how long you’ve been together. This is the girl Harry. This is the girl that can change your image around.”