Chapter 4

“Wait, what?” I asked him, even though I know I had heard him correctly.

He sighed. “I’m in the band One Direction.”

I just sat there a little shocked and unsure of what to say. I mean I was sitting here with a boy band member.

“Please say something,” Harry pleaded. His eyes stared intently into mine, searching for a response.

I studied his face. It showed nothing but worry and sadness. He really thought that I was mad at him.

“I’m sorry. It’s just I’m a little bit in shock. Why didn’t you tell me sooner?” I questioned, genuinely confused.

He sighed. “I didn’t want you to like me just because I’m the Harry Styles from One Direction. I wanted you to like me for me, not for my fame or who everyone thinks I am,” he explained. “It was nice going a whole day being with someone who didn’t know who I am.”

I took a breath and let the information settle. “I understand,” I told him. “I just wish you would’ve told me sooner. That you would’ve trusted me to tell me.”

“I wanted to, believe me. It’s not that I don’t trust you, I just wanted to be sure. I’m so sorry.” He said his apology with so much sincerity that it was hard to not forgive him.

“It’s okay Harry,” I told him.

His eyes immediately brightened at my response. A huge smile erupted on his face and it took my breath away. He was so flawless. Harry leaned forward and wrapped his arms around me, giving me a bone crushing hug. My cheeks instantly turned bright red and I tried to control them so Harry wouldn’t see them as he pulled away from the hug.

“So, friends?” Harry asked, still a bit unsure.

“Of course Harry,” I told him honestly.

“Good. So how about a movie night?” Harry questioned.

“Sounds great,” I mused enthusiastically. “I’m just going to go change into my pajamas quick, okay?”

Harry nodded his head. “I’ll order some pizzas.” He got up and walked away, pressing buttons on his phone before putting the phone to his ear.

I walked over to the door that lead to the guest room and pushed it open. The room was beautiful. It held a king sized bed, a flat screen that hung on the wall, a dresser with a vanity mirror, a desk with a lamp, and a large walk in closet. I picked up my pack and set it on the bed, pulling out my clothes for the night. I pulled my clothes, shoes, and beanie off. I replaced my clothes with my brother’s baggy basketball shorts and a long sleeved t-shirt. Next I took out my contacts and replaced them with my blue framed glasses.

I dug around in my pack for my color swatches for paints. I was going to paint my apartment so I needed to pick out colors. I went out of the guest room and into the living room, plopping down on the couch. I was in the middle of deciding what color I wanted to paint my living room when a voice interrupted me.

“What’re you doing?” Harry asked, sitting down next to me on the couch.

“Picking out paint colors for my apartment,” I explained.

“Really?” Harry asked, his eyebrows furrowing together. “When are you painting?”

“Uh I’m not exactly sure. I’d like to paint before the furniture comes. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be able to paint,” I told him, still fully immersed in my paint swatches.

Harry opened his mouth to say something when the doorbell rang. He sighed and went over to answer it. I assumed it was the pizza guy so I stood up and went over to the door, intending to help Harry with the pizza. Boy was I wrong. Instead of the pizza guy, I got three extremely good looking guys standing before me. They were laughing with Harry until one of them noticed me.