Chapter 2

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” 

                                                                                   ― Lao Tzu

||Chloe's POV||

The bell rings, signalling the end of Science. Kendall and I gather our books and exit the classroom. We say our goodbyes since she has Lang Arts and I have advanced Math now. Just as she turns to leave, I suddenly remember something. "Hey Kendy, Josh invites you for lunch at Mason's!" I yell to her. Kendall turns and walks back towards me. "Whole gang?" she asks, raising one of her eyebrows. "Yup." I reply.

"You asked, didn't you?" Kendall asks.

"Huh?"

"Don't pretend, Chlobird. You know what I mean."

"Well... yeah... nothing wrong, right?"

"Chloe! How many times have I told you? You two need one-to-one time!"

"He could've said no!"

"He wouldn't feel good saying no! You wouldn't say no if Josh asked whether his friends could join for lunch!"

"I would!"

"You wouldn't!"

"Would!"

"Wouldn't!"

"Would!"

"Wouldn't!"

"Would!"

"Wouldn't!"

"Would!"

"Woah there!" Paige hears us from afar and runs over. "What's wrong?" she asks. "Chloe asked again! I told her so many times not to!" Kendall explains, jabbing a finger at me. "Chloe!" Paige gives me a look of disbelief. I shrug my shoulders as in 'what?!' and turn to walk away. "Coming or not?" My question is directed at Paige. She has advanced Math with me. There's a moment of uncomfortable silence, then I hear footsteps coming towards me. "You shouldn't ask." Paige says, walking beside me. "You going?" I ignore her previous statement. "With Matt" Paige replies, nodding her head yes. Matt is Paige's new boyfriend. She dumped Mikey just a few days back. "That's fast." I mutter. "Let's go together." Paige says. "Kay." I reply. But I'm preoccupied with my own thoughts already. Kendall probably won't talk to me for the rest of the day. She looked really upset. Should I still ask Nia? "Paige, should I ask Nia?" I turn to look at Paige just as we enter the classroom. There are only two seats left. 

But that's not what made us both freeze. 

Madison Ziegler was occupying the seat behind us. "Great." Paige mutters so only I hear. She walks up to the two seats and plops down on the chair. But instead of facing the front, she faces Maddie. I walk up to the seat beside her just in time to hear her saying, "Hey Madison." "Hey" Maddie replies in a flat tone, as if Paige using her first name was no big deal. "Paige!" I hiss, shaking Paige by her shoulder. She simply shrugs it away. I sigh. There's nothing I can do to stop Paige if she wants something. I plop down in my chair. Brooke is omber, Josh is blondish-brown, Paige is blonde, but one thing all share is, they're all really stubborn. Oh, they love asking for trouble too. I definitely wasn't going to get involved.

Thank god the teacher comes in before a heated argument starts between Paige and Maddie. But it doesn't just end there. Throughout the whole lesson, Maddie keeps hissing 'dumb blondies' to us. But there's nothing we can do since Paige can't just stand up, yelling, in the middle of Math. Halfway through the lesson, Paige can't keep silent anymore. "I wish she was sitting in front of us!" she hisses through gritted teeth. "Block her out" I say, rolling my eyes. Paige literally blocks her out by covering her ears. 

"Paige, why are you covering your ears? Is my voice really that horrible?" Mr Jones chuckles at his own joke. Paige rolls her eyes, but she smiles and removes her hands from her ears. Luckily, we just have to get through the last 10 minutes of Math before it's lunch. I couldn't wait to go to Mason's! I guess it was mainly because Josh would be there. Josh was a  junior while my and the other girls were all sophomores, thus, we didn't have any classes together. Lunch was the only time I could see him during school hours. Well, other than when we meet each other along the corridors. I use the last 10 minutes of Math thinking about our relationship. It's sort of different from typical love, but we still love each other like the other is our life. Finally, the bell rings just as I'm concluding my thoughts. 

It's finally lunch.

______________________________________________________

*A/N: Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Vote is you did and comment feedback if you didn't please! Added a random GIF of the girls just for laughs.*