Chapter 7

"Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead."

                                                                                                         ― Oscar Wilde

Abby pulls off the last piece of paper to reveal the headshot of...

Joshua Dale Hyland.

On cue, Josh walks in to join us. A bright, teeth-revealing smile was stuck on his face, making him look like he'd just won the Grammy Awards. Yet instead of looking stupid or ridicules, it just made Josh Hyland look better looking.

Wait, did I just say think that? Did I really just think Josh looked better with that crazy smile? I shake my head to clear my thoughts. "You okay?" a familiar voice asks softly. No, I'm not okay and it's your fault. But instead of saying that, I just replied, "I'm fine and I don't need your help" before walking over to join Paige and Kendall.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Maddie run over and wrap her legs around Josh's waist. A flicker of disgust crosses Josh's face, but it's only there for a second. If I hadn't been watching him, I probably wouldn't have noticed. The very next second, Josh was smiling like a champion again. His smile was so wide the ends of his mouth nearly reached his eyes. But I knew he didn't really enjoy it. It was just all for the cameras.

But I just had a feeling that it'd become real if I didn't get Josh back soon.