Chapter 18

"We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love."

                                                                                              - Tom Robbins

"Sorry to interrupt your perfect reunion, but we still have many numbers to prepare for." Maddie reminds us after awhile. Josh pulls away first, but he keeps one arm around my waist as we walk back to the dressing room. The odd thing is, Maddie did not even cast a single accusing glance at me. Maddie and I had to prepare for our duet, which was up next, in just 30 minutes, so we did what we used to do. We both threw one our costumes as fast as we could. They were just casual clothes since it was a hip hop duet. Then, she helped me with my makeup while I helped with hers. We'd done this so many times in the past that we did not get tangled up a single time. The same chaperone comes to get us. As we are walking down the corridor, I feel a hand creep into mine and realise it's Maddie's. I squeeze her hand and look down at her. She smiles back up at me.

We have to stand at opposite side backstage, so I give Maddie a good luck hug before we part. I'm a little nervous about how the dance will turn out since it's our weakest style, but the moment we nail the first verse, I knew this was going to be absolutely perfect. We dance for 3 minutes straight, finally ending back-to-back with our arms crossed and smirking. Then, we sashay off the stage and meet again backstage. "I can't believe we nailed it! I thought I'd screw up!" Maddie squeals as she runs into my arms. "I thought I'd be the one to screw up!" I laugh, tears of joy brimming in my eyes. When we walk back into the dressing room, everyone is already there. All the kids run over to give us a warm group hug and Josh pulls me aside after. "You did great! That's probably the best duet I've ever seen you do." he compliments, putting his hands on my back. "Oh really? Oh and Josh, please don't try to start anything." I say, pulling away giggling. "Aww come on!" Josh whines, trying again. I grab his hands in mine. "How about we make our duet the best duet I've ever done, huh?" I try to change the subject. "Sure." he breathes down my neck cheekily. "Josh, if you try to do anything funny again, I'm gonna scream for my mom and she'll beat you to pulp." I say, feigning seriousness, as I put my finger to his chest. He shrugs and walks away blowing me a kiss. 

I put on my flowy grey dress. It's really very pretty. Mom helps me find a pair of earrings with fake diamonds to match the dress. Josh goes into the changing area and comes back out in 3 minutes wearing only straight black pants. I just cannot stop staring at his six-pack. "Surprise!" Josh exclaims as he pulls me in for a kiss. "You're gonna get lipstick all over yourself if you try to kiss me before a dance silly!" I say, pulling away. "I don't care! I want to so badly!" he whines and pouts. "She can kiss you later Josh! Now get over here and run the dance or I'll cut you from the team and pull your duet!" competition-mode Abby yells. I laugh as we walk over, hand-in-hand. We run the number a few times before I find myself backstage again. I don't immediately go over to my side though, I stay with Josh instead. He has his arms around my waist and is rocking me gently from side to side while we watch the other duets. I can feel his stoney abbs against my back and a blush rises up my face. "Are you blushing? I think I can feel it." Josh teases. I slap his arm, which makes his chuckle. "Is it coz you can feel the abbs you never knew I had? Tell me Chloe." he prods on playfully. "Well I'm sorry to tell you you'll have to cover them right now Josh. Put on your shirt." Kelly interrupts, coming backstage.

Josh puts on his shirt and gives me one last kiss before I run round to the other side. I hope I don't fall from my piques. We start our dance and it does not feel awkward at all. When he lifts me, I feel comfortable in his arms, knowing he would never drop me. When I hold his waist and do a ponche, I don't hold him over his shirt, I hold him under it, wrapping my fingers around his bare skin. He tenses up at first, surprised, but then he just gets comfortable with it. When the dance finally ends with me in his arms, it feels as if we never broke up. It feels as if our relationship had always been perfect and I simply loved that wonderful feeling.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, quick a/n. Costumes for the duets are attached by the side. I hope you like how the story played out. Idk if it makes sense or not so please do tell me. There's about 3-4 more chapters left to write and I'm so excited to finish them up! Kay, bye sweets!