Chapter 8

"I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear."

                                                                                  ― Martin Luther King Jr.

After we all settled down again, Abby started to talk. "This week, we have a solo, a duet and the group dance. Josh will be starring in the duet, which will be to 'A Thousand Years'. I'm not going to announce who's going to dance the girl now, though. I'll leave that for the end.

Maddie will be doing the solo. It's to 'Tip Toes' and it's tap. It'll be fast and catchy, so Maddie, this week you'll have to step out of your comfort zone a little. As for the group dance, we'll be dancing to 'Let It Go' by Idina Menzal, featured in the movie 'Frozen'. It's a lyrical piece, slow, pretty and paced. Josh will not be I'm the group since he already has the duet. Everyone of you girls will be in it though, including Mackenzie." she pauses, a smile creeping onto her face, "Now, time to announce the girl star."

"Will it be Maddie?" Abby pauses to glance at Maddie. Then her eyes slowly start turning. "Or will it be Chloe?" Her eyes meet mine and I have to try hard not to flinch. But Abby has a third choice, not just me and Maddie anymore. Her eyes slowly turn towards... "Or will it be Kendall?"

Abby pauses to let it all sink in. "You three were my top choices. It was hard deciding who to pick. Maddie's out now though, since she already has a solo to work on." I know Maddie's pouting now even though I don't look at her. But I don't have time to think much about it before Abby started again. "So will it be Kendall, or Chloe?" She looks at each of us in turn, then at the rest of the girls. Finally, her eyes settle on Josh. "Josh, who do you think it is?" she asks, smiling a fake, sweet smile. A knot forms in my stomach. I already know the answer when Josh replies, "Chloe?" "Why?" Abby give Josh an innocent and questioning look. "Coz we have more chemistry." Josh glances at me as he says that. I couldn't believe he actually said that out loud!

It only makes me feel even more sick when a look of satisfaction crosses Abby's face. "Smart boy! That's right, the duet features Josh and Chloe! I expect a lot from you, considering your relationship. I really need this to be a champion duet. I need it to be those kind of dances which you know will win first even before it's competed. I expect that much and you'd better deliver. Especially you Chloe. You haven't been up to standard lately." Abby gives me a pointed look before dismissing all of us, except Maddie, for her solo practice.

*A/N: This is a really bad chapter. I'm sorry I haven't been on lately. School has kept me busy and it's a pretty major year for me as well so I really don't have time to write anymore. I'll try to update every weekend, but it'll probably not be so good.

In the meantime, please vote and follow me! Also leave feedback in comments!*