Chapter 12

"Can miles truly separate you from friends... If you want to be with someone you love, aren't you already there?"

                                                                                                        — Richard Bach

When we all file into the dancer's den again after our group rehearsal, Kendall pulls me aside. I'm feeling really tired and was not in the mood to talk, so it irritated me that Kendall was boucing up and down. "What Kendall?" I ask. "Wanna know the secret?" she tempts. I immediately brighten up and nod my head eagerly. "Okay, this is gonna be shocking news, but I'm dating Ethan." she finally says. "Omigosh what?! Ethan is like, the hotest guy in junior year! Omigosh omigosh omigosh!" I can't stop screaming once I hear the news. "I thought you said Josh was the hotest guy in junior year? But yeah, he's pretty hot. I can't believe he chose me. I really hope it's not some twisted prank or anything." Kendall confesses. "Oh screw Josh. I doubt Ethan would pull such a prank. He's decent, if you ask me. Not like Josh." I assure her.

We are in the middle of our fangirling when Brandon walks in. "Hey girls! I overheard you guys saying stuff like 'he's so hot' and 'every girls' dream'. I sure hope you're talking about me!" he says, winking. "God no. You're not that hot. You don't even have a six-pack Brandon." Kendall says, acting disgusted. "Oh yeah. Um Chloe, I'm really sorry about what happened earlier. I didn't mean it, it was just a heat of a moment thing." he admits, a little nervously. "Yeah, I know. I'm sorry I reacted that way too. I just wanted him to be jealous and I was angry and everything. It wasn't serious." I reply. "Good. I just didn't want you getting the wrong idea. I was a little confused and you're just too pretty." Brandon says, hugging me, in a friend way, before leaving the room.

"What happened?" Kendall questions, puzzled. "Oh, we kissed. But it didn't mean anything since he was confused and I was upset. You know I'm desperate for love whenever I'm upset. He was there and I told him everything and it wasn't a very good idea. Especially since I wanted Josh to feel how I felt, so I was technically using Brandon, in a way." I explain. She nods her head, showing that she understands. The door creaks open at that moment and Paige sticks her head in. "Christi wants you both to pack up so she can send you home." she says. We nod and she leaves again.