lie

Chapter 40💮

lie

Ruby's Point of view;

I watched Robbie drive away in the pouring rain before I turned to face my house.

Sighing, I pulled my case up the concrete steps as I held my hood to protect my hair from the rain.

The living room widow sill was lit up by our silver lantern that I had got in a John Lewis sale.

After pulling my case up the last few steps, I pulled out my door keys with my ice cold hands. I knew Abbie would of locked the door, she always does.

I turned the key and quietly entered the dark hallway. As I shut the door behind me, I dropped my bag on the floor and shrugged off my duffer coat.

The living room door was outlined with a yellow flickering light, which I guessed was the lantern.

As I emerged the living room, the sound of a dog barking alerted me. Speeding up, I opened the door to find Abbie curled up on the sofa with my bed sheets watching Marley and Me.

She quickly turned her head around, revealing her beautiful face.

"Rube!" She gasped as she jumped to her feet, tripping over the sheets that were now tangled around her feet.

"Hey stranger." I laughed as I held her tightly in my embrace, breathing in her familiar scent.

Home.

"What are you doing here?!" She exclaimed as she pulled out of my hug and held me by the shoulders.

"I came back." I grinned as she pulled me into another breathtaking hug.

"Why? I mean, it's great you've came back, but why?!"

We both sat down on the grey sofa, pulling the sheets over our legs.

"Because, well." I stuttered.

"Is it Harry? I thought you were getting on so well?" She asked, a confused look covering her face.

I shook my head. "Noo, it's not that we haven't been getting along." I fiddled with my hands. "We've been getting along a lot better than I thought we would." I mumbled.

"So what's the problem?"

"Well- I- he- we."

"Ruby what's happened?" She demanded.

Sighing, I hung my head. "We slept together." I buried my face in my palms. "And the worst part of it all, is that I enjoyed every moment of it."

There was a moment of silence before I felt her hand touch my leg. "You love him don't you?" She asked softly.

I nodded my head slowly.

"I knew this would happen. Everyone did."

I raised my head when she said this.

"Ruby your perfect for each other. Everyone could see it, we still can."

"We're two completely different people." I protested.

"If you look out the box, your really not that different." She smiled.

She was wrong. We are nothing alike. Harry's a stubborn idiot who's insanely mad whereas I'm strong opinionated who's freakishly wired. We're not alike at all.

"We're different, we'd never last Abb. Besides, he doesn't like me anyway, he told me to forget it."

Her eyes bulged out of their sockets."He said what?! The fucking arsehole!"

Shrugging, I took a sip of Abbie's wine that was besides me on a console table.

"Noo." She shook her head. "He can't mean that!"

"He did, I know he did."

"No, he loves you!" She wouldn't take no for answer.

"Sometimes, sometimes you've just got to accept some things." I sighed.

But I couldn't accept this, I was lying to myself.

* * *