Offer

Chapter 49💮

Offer

Ruby's Point of view;

"Annnnnd cut!" The director shouted "well done Ruby, you did great."

I quickly ran off set and into the trailer that was parked near the field we were filming in. I absolutely hated shooting the video, I hated trying to be sexy, it just didn't come naturally to me.

I pulled the black dress that I was wearing over my styled head, and then slumped down on the little green sofa that was crammed in the corner. I was exhausted, physically and mentally. I'd arrived in California early this morning and for three days, I hadn't slept a wink.

"Hey Rube- Woah sorry."

I quickly grabbed a near by pillow and covered my half naked body with the soft material. Luke, one of the boys on set, was standing in front of me wide eyed.

"Umh, should I go?" He was trying not to look at my body whilst he talked to me.

"Let me just- one second." I scuttled to the claustrophobic bathroom besides me and slung a plumb silk dressing gown over my shoulders before tightly fastening it "Sorry about that." I laughed awkwardly.

"Huh, same here" Luke's tanned hand ran up and down the back of his neck as he gazed at his feet.

"Anyway," I changed the subject, "what can I help you with?"

"Oh!" a small lightbulb pinged inside his head as he pulled a small white envelope out from his back pocket, "Annie wanted me to give you this."

I took the envelope from his grasp "Okay, thanks Luke." I nodded, placing it on the couch along with my dress.

"No problem." He grinned, rocking back and forth on the heels of his converse.

I shot him a wired look, indicating that it was time for him to leave.

"Right, well, I'll be off then, cya Rube."

I flinched when he called me Rube, only Harry ever called me that. Oh god, I missed him so much. We hadn't talked ever since I'd left for California.

"Harry, I really have to go now." I laughed, as he pulled me into yet another lung crushing hug.

"No," he mumbled into the crook of my neck "I want you to stay."

"I want me to stay to," I smiled, as he let go of my embrace "but I have to go."

"Nooo," he wined, a deep frown forming across his beautiful face "I want to snuggle with you in bed."

"We can do loads of snuggling when we see each other next."

"Promise?"

"Promise." I grinned into the passionate kiss that he pulled me into, making my heart melt as his hands adventured my lower back.

I planted a small kiss on the tip of his nose before our hands let go of each other, making my heart break all over again.

After he waved me off, Harry's deep voice called after me.

"Rube!"

I turned my head back to look at him "Yeah?"

"I- I- L-... have a safe flight." I knew he couldn't tell me he loved me. He'd only said it when we were on the Eiffel because he knew I was going to tell him I loved him too.

I smiled to the ground and called over quietly "I love you too."

Once Luke had left the trailer, I took hold of the envelope and pealed it open.

Dear miss Ruby Evens,

We have been keeping a close eye on you ever since you were discovered and we have decided to offer you a role in our new movie, Counting Stars. We have organised an interview on Monday 22nd of October to discuss further details with you.

Annie Wedlop has been informed about your offer, if you have any further questions, pleas contact her.

Regards,

Mark Cooke.

* * *