small world

Chapter 52💮

small world

Ruby's Point of view;

Whilst I waited for my driver to take me to my house, I remembered the disgusting image I had in my head of Annie and Simon.

"Annie?" I opened the door to Annie's suite to find her sprawled out across her desk and Simon hovering over her as their legs entwined along with their tounges.

I gasped, flinging my hands over my mouth in shock.

"Oh my god!" Annie gasped as she sat up.

I quickly shut the door, trying to erase the memory out of my mind.

"Miss? Hello? Miss?" My driver called out to me as he opened the car door for me.

I snapped out of my horrifying thoughts "oh, sorry." I smiled weakly.

"There you go miss." He grinned as he handed me to bags and suitcase.

"Thank you."

I pulled my suitcase up the steep concrete steps before opening the front door with my elbow.

"Abbie?" I called out once I had finally got through the door.

No answer.

I searched the house for her but she was no were to be found. She'd probably be at work. I felt so bad for the argument we had over the phone, maybe I was leaving her out and not spending enough time with her when I was home.

After drinking a quick cup of tea, I finally decided to go shopping, I needed new clothes and I thought I may as well do some early Christmas shopping.

After a short walk to the Chelsea Outlet, I grabbed myself a Costa frappe and made my way over to Outfit. It was packed, heaving with well dressed people who were so engrossed in finding something to wear that they were oblivious to their surroundings.

I kept my head down low and placed my sunglasses over my eyes so it would make it harder for people to notice me. All I wanted was to do some quick shopping and go home to my lonely bed.

"Are you okay there?" A friendly looking member of staff beamed down at me.

I pulled my fedora over my eyes and nodded my head slightly "Yes thank you."

It looked like I was being extremely rude, but if she knew it was me she would probably want a photo and then that would attract people, I just couldn't be doing with the hassle.

A red knitted jumper with small ginger bread men patterned on it caught me eye. As I went to grab the jumper, another hand was pulling it away from me. I looked over the rail to find Abbie on the other side, tugging at the jumper as hard as I was.

"Abbie?"

She shot her head up, her hair sticking to her pink lipgloss "Ruby! What the hell are you doing here?"

"I've come home for Christmas." I told her, letting go of the jumper.

"Oh.' She nodded, pulling strands of hair from her lips.

"Look," I began "I'm sorry, I know I've been leaving you out and not been spending time with you, it's just-"

"It's okay" she smiled, "I was being a bitch."

Yeah you were.

"No you weren't."

Before she could say anything else, a large hand wrapped around her waist.

"Oh hey babe." She smiled up to a very familiar man. "Ruby this is my new boyfriend, Robbie."

Robbie's head shot up at the sound of my name and when our eyes locked, both of our eyes bulged in surprise.

"He's the manger at Harrods, that's how we met- are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine." I spoke once mine and Robbie's eyes finally unlocked.

"We already know each other." Robbie announced to Abbie.

"Yeah, we go back along time. We went to school together."

"Really?!" Abbie exclaimed in surprise "what a small world!"

I nodded my head "yeah, too small."

* * *