Chapter 2: Rough times

(Don't slay me if the money system is wrong Russian readers)

Yuri's POV

The taxi came to a stop and the driver turned around. He told me a number which I couldn't understand. I forgot about the exchange rate from pounds to rubles...I can only count up to forty!

Clearly noticing my confused expression the man changed his words. "540 rubles. About 7 pounds yes?" I nodded and spent a while finding the correct amount of money before handing it to him.

"Thank you-- I mean... Spasiba?" I butchered the word completely didn't I... The taxi driver chuckled. "Bye."

I stepped outside, the cold air stabbing at my hands and face. As I walked up to the hotel I noticed it was quite nice inside. Oh dear...more Russian. I should've thought this through.

"Ah--hello!" The lady at the desk greeted me. "You are Yuri Katsuki?" I nodded. She seemed to know me somehow. "How do you know that I speak English?" I asked. She thought the question over. "Mr. Nikiforov tell me." Oh I suppose Viktor told them.

I was guided to my room by the lady, who I learnt was named Anna. Once I got inside I noticed that it was quite spacious and there were a few radiators. A large window covered most of one of the walls, showing a beautiful picture of the snow covered city. I sighed and sat down on the bed, taking out my phone. I had nothing planned for the first week or so, since there was no need to rush. I was staying here for quite a while.

What to do...

Maybe a walk. I left most of my belongings apart from my phone and went outside. I strolled around the city, viewing the various fancy shops and people talking.

I had no clue where I was going or where I was going to end up. Eventually I decided I should find my way back, and walked down an alley. I stopped, as I noticed a group of people standing there.

One of them noticed me and the group walked over. "Hey. Give me your wallet." Suddenly a blade was pulled out and pointed directly at my neck.
"Ah! I don't have my wallet!" It was true, I really didn't.

Another one of the guys walked over to me. I gulped, afraid. My heart was beating out of my chest. I was afraid to move in case the person with the knife attacked me.

The other guy took my phone out of my pocket. "This will do. You call the police and I kill you! Understand?" The knife wielding robber pushed me backwards and I landed on the cold hard ground. Tears welled up in my eyes as the guys began to laugh.

One of them who was much younger and shorter than me bent down. "Come on. Get out of here stupid!" He snarled pressing his foot against my stomach. Suddenly I heard a loud yell.

I looked to see the once knife wielding man on the ground, and a man standing next to him panting as the other robbers turned to face him. Our eyes met.

"Yuri!" He called recognising me. It was... "Viktor?" The short boy next to me stated in shock. The other robbers began to advance towards Viktor. Suddenly he grabbed mine and the boys' hand, pulling me off the ground and ran down the street. We didn't stop until we were a good distance away, it was incredibly tiring.

Finally we stopped. I panted, shivering. I felt even colder after that terrifying experience, and it was already below 0. I rubbed my arms in attempt to warm myself up, something Viktor noticed.

"Yuri why did you come out in just a jacket? Here~" he took off his own coat and placed it around my shoulders. The short boy gave Viktor a glare.

"Yuri what were you thinking? You know what will happen if you get into any more trouble!" His tone changed dramatically as he said this. The boy, who shares my name, faced away from Viktor blocking out anything he said.

"Yeah yeah." He added. Viktor growled. "I'm leaving. See you later." Yuri attempted to leave before he was grabbed by his hoodie. "Give me the phone." With a sigh, the phone was handed back to Viktor before the boy left again.

Regaining his soft expression and voice Viktor handed the phone back to the right Yuri. "Thank you Viktor...I guess you were right, we did meet again."
"Are you okay? You must be cold right?" I felt guilty, considering I was wearing so many layers of clothes whilst Viktor wore only a thin shirt and yet he was fine. "I'm okay really.."

I wiped my face of the tears that had threatened to fall. For whatever reason I felt like I was going to cry even more. "We should get out of the cold though, are you going to go back to your hotel room?"

I reached into my pocket before realising the hotel room key was gone. They must've took that too... Noticing my anguish Viktor grabbed my hands.

"Don't worry for now. Let's go back to mine."