Chapter 8: Russian-pop

THIRD POV

Viktor turned off the tv and Yuri and Yurio looked up to him in confusion.
"TV is boring. What else could we do?" Yuri thought for a moment. What could they do...

"Actually I'm going to go out for a while. I'll be back in a few hours... Probably." Yurio explained, leaving out the door with a slight wave of his hand.

"Don't get into any more trouble!" Viktor shouted back as the door shut, sounding like a strict dad. It made Yuri laugh.

Suddenly it was just the two of them, left in a stifling silence. Yuri didn't know why but it felt awkward. Oh yeah... Probably because of this morning. Yuri's cheeks tinted pink. He wasn't entirely sure what was going on that morning, he almost felt drunk and too weak to resist.

Viktor interrupted his thoughts by placing an arm around Yuri's shoulders and leaning against him. "Yuri..." He began, his voice muffled against the fabric of Yuri's shirt. "Y-yes?"

"Have you ever had a boyfriend before?"

Yuri was quite surprised by this question in all honesty. "N-no..." He replied slowly. "A girlfriend?" Viktor asked. "No...." He replied with the same.

Viktor seemed a little surprised. Yuri had never been in a relationship? At 24 years old? It didn't bother him in the slightest, in fact it pleased him that he had Yuri all to himself.

"What about you?" Yuri asked. Surprisingly Viktor replied almost immediately. "Just 1.." He replied. "But I wouldn't even say it was a relationship at all..." Yuri was quite shocked by this, he thought someone as famous and attractive as Viktor would've at least had a few flings here and there.

"It's not important anyway." He picked up, his voice more confident then before. He stopped himself from asking the next question on his mind but thinking about it the answer seemed obvious. 'Of course he was... He's never been in a relationship.' So he moved onto the next question.

"Yuri?" The addressed boy replied with a simple 'yes?'

"Was this morning a mistake?" Yuri felt like his heart had stopped. A mistake? He wouldn't put it that way. Thinking back to this morning he seemed to enjoy it so it couldn't be a mistake, right?

"N-no, I don't think it was."

"Think?"

Viktor was right. If this was going to be a serious thing then he needed to be one hundred percent sure.

Yuri put his arms around the Russian and hugged him tightly. "It wasn't a mistake." Viktor smiled and hugged him back. "Good. But I guess it's a good thing Yurio came in when he did, we've only known each other two days." He laughed afterwards.

"Is that such a bad thing?"

After saying that Yuri immediately wondered why in the hell he did. What was he talking about? It was like when he was around Viktor, all logical thinking vanished only to leave his purest thoughts and desires, with no chance to think about it properly.

The Russian smirked. "Not at all."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A little while later, Yuri was in the living room and Viktor was in the kitchen making dinner. He popped his head round the door to spy on the Japanese boy.

"Yuri what are you doing?" He asked. Yuri took his earphones out and replied. "Listening to a band."

"A band?" Viktor asked suddenly intrigued. He walked over and sat next to Yuri to look at his phone screen. He took the earphones out of the phone to hear the music.

On the screen were seven Korean men dancing somewhat seductively, accompanied by their own singing. "BTS? A Korean band?" Yuri nodded.

Viktor sulked slightly. "Do you think they're prettier than me?" Yuri laughed and shook his head. "No no of course not."

"I can dance better than that. And sing too!"

Oh god please don't... Yuri thought.

"I'm gonna go back to making dinner." He left the room and left Yuri to continue listening to his Korean music. Why did he like Korean music? He didn't know either. But he was very excited to find out that a Korean skater called Seung-gil was entering the Grand Prix this year. Did he seem like a fanboy at all...? He came to the conclusion that yes, definitely.

A while later Viktor came back in and placed two plates on the table before going into the bedroom. A few minutes later the door clicked open but no footsteps could be heard. Yuri looked up to see Viktor wearing a silk black shirt and black jeans.

"Моя кровь, пот и слезы~"

Yuri laughed immediately. Although he couldn't understand what Viktor was saying in Russian, he did notice the tune of the song he was singing. Viktor had somehow managed to translate Blood, sweat and tears by BTS into Russian. And was also dancing.

"Viktor what are you doing?" He continued laughing as the Russian attempted to look seductive whilst singing.

"Viktor you don't have to-" he couldn't speak without laughing. There was no point in trying. It seemed that Viktor had unknowingly made R-pop popular. Not really.

As funny as it was, it was also quite... Interesting. Yuri quite enjoyed the Russian rendition of the song in fact, even if many of the words were too long to replace the Korean lyrics and instead the song sounded horribly wrong.

He stood up and grabbed Viktor's hands with a smile.

"I'm much better than that Seung-gil aren't I?" Viktor also must've known about the competition they'd face at the Grand Prix.

Yuri nodded. "Definitely." His reply was muffled though as he leaned on the Russians shoulder. "You should become a pop star." He stood on his tip toes and kissed Viktor happily.

Behind them, the door creaked and shut a bit more than it had been previously. Viktor looked around and realised that the window was open. "Hm, why did I open the window?" He slammed it shut and stared at the reflection in the glass.

Little did they know, behind the door clutching his phone was a sniggering Yurio. Aaaand upload~

A/N I wanna hear a Russian version of blood sweat and tears tbf. This chapter was fluffy XD thank you for 1.8k views!! 😱😵❤️