Chapter Three- The Concert

About an hour later, Joel, Sydney, and Luke got ready for the performance they were about to do. Luke looked up at his sister, who was scribbling on a piece of paper. Every now and then, she would yank a piece off, crumble it up, and toss it towards one of her brothers. 

      "Okay, Jael. We're not trash cans. You okay?" She looked up, turning slightly pink.
      "Sorry. And yeah, I'm fine. I'm trying to work on new lyrics, but they're not liking me." She quickly cleaned up the balls of paper, actually putting them in the trash can. She also picked up Joel's tambourine and Luke's drumsticks, handing them to her brothers.

      "We're starting with Run Wild, correct?" Luke nodded, looking at her, confused.
      "Yeah. We went through this in sound check, remember?" She picked up the megaphone, sitting back down.
      "Yeah. Sorry. My brain isn't really wanting to cooperate with me right now." Joel had a slightly concerned look on his face.
       "Do you need us to do set one tonight?" Sydney shook her head, smiling weakly.
       "No. I'll be alright. If we have to switch midway, I'll let you know." He nodded.
       "Alright. But if you can't do the whole performance on set two, you'd better say something. If not, you're going to be hearing from several different people about that." She chuckled slightly as the rest of the band walked up, along with their dad.

       "Alright. Everyone here? Good. Luke, would you pray tonight?" He nodded, and they all took each other's hands, closing their eyes.
       "Dear father, we thank you for this day, and for allowing us to be here tonight and perform. We also thank you that Jael is back with us, and able to perform tonight. We pray that all we do here tonight would bring honor to your name. We also pray that if anyone here doesn't know you, that they would be touched by these performances and come to know you. We pray all this in your name, amen." Everyone echoed his last word right as Colton and his band came offstage. The lights went down, and they all hurried up, smiles on their faces. Joel got the megaphone from her, and she slipped behind Timmy and the drums, waiting for her part. Then, she heard the music start, and then Joel started.

      "Are the walls to lock you in or to keep others away? And if the door were to be opened would you leave or would you stay?" She grinned, watching them. It never got old. Then, a minute later, she heard her cue.
       "We're made to-" She slipped out, and one lone spotlight came up on her. 
       "Run, forest. All depends what direction. Some people run from fear, some from their own reflection." She moved in between her brothers, continuing the song and watching the crowd with a grin. As they finished the song, she saw three teenaged Hispanic girls, bouncing up and down and cheering. They went through the rest of the set, and then headed out for the meet-and-greet. And then, lo and behold, the last three people in the line were those girls. This time, they had another girl with them, and she was wearing a black beanie. She kept pulling the beanie tighter, looking around and playing with her necklace. They got to them, and Joel was the first to speak.

      "Hello, ladies. Quite a few of you here, don't you think?" They all laughed, and one girl spoke up.
      "Well, it was sort of a girls night out. I'm Antonia. This is Natalie, Jilny, and the girl hiding behind Jilny is Emily." She gestured to the two Hispanic girls, and then the one with the beanie. Joel went over, talking to her, while the other three talked to Luke and Sydney. They got pictures, and Emily quickly scribbled down something on a sheet of paper, handing it to Joel. As they left, he started at it, quiet.

      "What's that, mate?" She asked, poking her twin brother. He looked up.
       "It's the name and location of Emily's social worker." Luke winced slightly, shaking his head.
       "That's rough. I doubt Moriah would have a problem with fostering her, if that's what you're thinking." Joel nodded, and Sydney sat down, yawning. Within moments, she was asleep.

        "What do you think, Jael?" Luke asked, looking back at her. Joel chuckled, seeing her asleep on a bench.
        "Never mind. Let's not wake her. That won't go well at all." Luke quietly agreed. It did not go well when people tried to wake her up. Joel handed Luke the paper, gently scooping her up. She sighed in her sleep, and the trio headed back for the bus. When they got there, Joel gently placed his sister in her bunk.

       "Sweet dreams, Jael."

Hey there! Whatcha think? So, like I said last chapter, Jilny is jilnysoto, also known as JellyBeanz, Natalie is _ily_13, Emily is christismysaviour, and Antonia is ThisWillBeLovely. Also, go check out theeloquentwriter. She has an amazing book of For King And Country oneshots. Thanks for reading!- Bella Rae