Chapter Five- May I?

The next morning, Jael was the second one up, finding Joel already awake and in the front lounge. She smiled at him, getting a bagel into the toaster and getting the butter and grape jelly out.

       "Oh, Jael? I thought you might wanna know that another band is joining us for the next tour." She looked up.
       "Really? And why'd you tell me two months early, mate?" He shrugged, and her bagel popped up. She pulled it out, and started buttering it.
        "Well, who's going to be joining us?" He stood, going to get a glass of juice.
        "Oh, a band that's a couple years old. Anthem Lights. You ever heard of them?" She nodded.
        "I liked their Out Of The Woods cover." He gave her a look.
       "I thought you liked our cover of the song!" She laughed quietly, and Luke and Courtney came out from the back lounge.

        "I can like more than one version of the same song." She said, and then took a bite of her bagel.
       "Do I want to know?" Courtney asked, getting the coffeemaker going. Sydney shook her head.
       "Nah. You can just trust that it's slightly odd, and you'd be completely confused." Courtney laughed, shaking her head.
       "I think I can do that. There are times I wonder how I ended up in this crazy family." Luke chuckled, wrapping his arms around her waist and laying his chin on her shoulder.

        "Mm, I think that's your own fault. You're the one who agreed to marry me." She smiled, kissing him.
       "Mm-hm. I did. Best decision of my entire life." She said quietly, and Sydney shook her head.
       "Can someone remind me why I agreed to be in the band my brothers started?" She asked, hopping up to sit on the counter. They all laughed, continuing their morning routines. The rest of the band woke up, coming out and getting their breakfasts as well. After she ate, Sydney went back and got into her bunk again, reading, and Joel's cell phone went off. Colton was facetiming him.

       "Hey, mate!" Colton gave him a lopsided grin, waving.
      "Hello. Hey, Daniel was wanting to talk with you and Luke about something. That cool?" Joel nodded, mentioning to Luke. He came over, and Colton handed the phone off to Daniel.

       "Hello, mate!" Joel said, smiling at the drummer, who smiled back.
      "Hey, guys. I've got a question for the two of you, and it....it has to do with Sydney." Luke's eyes widened slightly, and Joel paused for a moment.
       "Okay. What's the question? And if you're asking about marriage, that's a no. Sorry." Daniel shook his head, taken slightly aback.
       "What? No. That's not what I was going to ask." Joel nodded, relief slightly evident on his face.
       "Okay. Sorry. Carry on, mate." Daniel nodded, and took a deep breath.
       "I was wondering if you would give me permission to ask Sydney out tomorrow night, just for dinner. Probably pizza, or something like that." Joel looked at Luke, who nodded slightly, then looked back at the screen.
       "Daniel, that's fine. You can ask her. But, I will warn you, she hasn't said yes to many guys who have asked her out." He chuckled slightly, looking down.
       "That's okay. If she doesn't want to, it's her choice. Thanks. Hey, I've got to go. See you later." They said goodbye, and then hung up. Luke looked at his older brother.

       "You think it'll go well?" He shrugged, putting his phone back into his pocket.
      "I don't know. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I mean, the worst she can do it say no. What could possibly go wrong?"

       Hello, there! What do you all think so far? And....just a warning....stuff gonna happen soon...also, if you haven't already, check out xxBabyxxGirlxx's Anthem Lights One Shots. There are a couple in there featuring Jael and her brothers. Thanks for reading!- Bella Rae