Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Adoption Crisis

                “Sarah?” Fanta’s meek voice revealed disbelief and sadness as she stared at the slender, blonde girl who stood in the doorway. She wore a white tank top with a pink mini skirt, and her long hair was tied back in a low, side pony tail that fell over her shoulders.

                Her creator had betrayed her, cast her out, and made it clear to her that she wasn’t wanted or needed. Why would she be here? All eyes where on Fanta and Sarah.

                “Ugh. Oh my god, Fanta, your so rude.” she began almost as soon as she laid her eyes on the rag doll. “First of all, you leave in the middle of the night without telling me or Bridget, then you make me come all the way out here to get you.” complained Sarah. She then sighed. “Get you bags, I’m taking you home.” She demanded exhaustedly.

                Fanta walked closer with a glint of hope in her eyes. “You want me back?” she asked, a small smile appearing on the corner of her lips. She still loves me?! Hoped Fanta.

                “Ugh, oh my god. I don’t want you back. It’s just the principle. I created you, so, like, I own you. Why should I let some other looser kid have you when your rightfully mine?” During her sentence, Eduardo and Wilt walked down the stairs on their way to breakfast. They stopped when they noticed what was going on.

                Fanta took in the words that Sarah had just said. She knew it was too good to be true.

                “Wait.” Bloo addressed Fanta, “Didn’t you say that you guys where Australian? Why does she sound American?”

                “Well, we’ve been here for several years now. So she just sorta developed one.” she hesitated for a moment. “And plus, Bridget was created with one.”

                Sarah ignored Fanta’s explanation to Bloo. “Uh, Mr. Rabbit-”

                “Mr. Herriman.” he corrected.

                “Yeah, um, I wanna adopt her back.”

                “Most certainly, Miss. Sarah. If you would just follow me I’ll-”

                “No.” Said Fanta hesitantly, causing the others to turn their attention to her.

                “Excuse me, Miss Fantasma?” asked Mr. Herriman.

                “I- I- said, ‘no’.” said Fanta in a small voice.

                “Well I’m sorry Miss. Fantasma, but you have no choice in the matter. If this young lady wishes to adopt you, then she most certainly has the right to do so. I suggest you go pack your bags whilst I fill out the adoption papers.”