Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Finding Fanta

                It was almost the end of lunch time and Fanta wasn’t anywhere to be seen. Wilt had finished his lunch around fifteen minutes ago, and he hadn’t seen any sign of her since she left the kitchen earlier that day. Had she gotten lost again? Was she feeling okay? She did get hit pretty hard. He thought for a moment, where could she be? She had skipped too many meals during her time here. Wilt waited some more, occasionally looking at the doorway to see if she would enter.

                Another five minutes had passed and she still hadn’t arrived. Maybe she just wasn’t hungry? He then noticed Bloo who had begun to approach him.

                “So Wilt,” he began, almost too casually, “where’s your girlfriend?” asked Bloo, teasingly.

                Wilt frown at him slightly. “I don’t know, Bloo. I haven’t seen her since this morning. Have you seen her anywhere?” he asked, slightly concerned.

                “Nope,” he replied, “Nowhere.” They both paused for a moment. “Did you think she might be mad at you ‘cause you tried to kill her this morning?” he asked curiously.

                “I didn’t try to kill her, Bloo.” he said seriously and somewhat irritated, “And she knows that it was an accident.”

                “That doesn’t mean she’s not mad at you, you know. I’d be mad at someone if they hit me in the head with a basketball.” debated Bloo.

                Wilt thought for a moment. Maybe Bloo’s right. Maybe she is mad. he considered his thought for a moment. No. That’s not it. She even said it wasn’t my fault…

                “It’s obvious, Wilt.” he said in a confident casual tone, leaning against Wilt’s chair, “She’s mad at you, so she’s gone somewhere to secretly plot her revenge.” he said, as if it were obvious. Bloo then paused for a moment. “Just go find her and tell her that your sorry. I’m sure she’ll forgive you.” He began to clean his teeth with the toothpick he had been holding.

                Wilt frowned at him slightly, and then suddenly he got an idea. “That’s what I’ll do.” he said with a smile as he stood up from his seat. “I’ll find her, and then I’ll ask her why she didn’t come down to lunch. I’m sure there’s a perfectly good reason.”

                “Sure!” Bloo called, as Wilt headed towards the door, “If you want to just hear the truth again!”

                “I’m sorry, Bloo. But I just don’t think that’s it.” he replied as he continued to head for the doorway. He stopped when Mr. Herriman’s voice was suddenly heard over the intercom.

                “Attention all members of the household. Due to the up coming event of  the annual celebration of my creation, I have decided that tomorrow evening a ball, or a ‘dance’ as some of you may call it, will be held in my honour. The event originally was to take place in the concert hall, however, somebody decided to have a ‘Mustard and Ketchup War’.” Mr. Herriman paused for a moment.