Chapter 05

ALEC

After opening up to mom, I heard the doorbell. the neighbors are here.As I go down the stairs the smell of potatoes and cheese hit my senses it smells delicious- I saw mom hugging the new neighbor, she was in her early thirty's,she has chestnun brown hairshe was voluptuous-okay she is fat BUT she is beautiful.

"Hi, Susie! It's nice to see you again." Mom said.

"It's a pleasure to be here. Lana" she says.

"this is my son. Alec. Alec this is our new neighbor susie autumn." Mom said.

"What a handsome young boy."She says smiling at me and then hugging me."Do you go to montgomery high?" she asks.

"Yes."I said smiling. "Mrs. Autumn your cooking smells great!"

"Why thank you dear, but my daughter was the one who cooked it- ohh speaking of my Lauren Sofia goes there too.I call her Sofie most of the times 'cause my eldest's name is Sophia" she says smiling."speaking of her she was in town earlier in the bookstore, she'll be here any minute now. Please call me Susie."

I hear a shriek upstairs and I ran to my sister's room.''Ellie! What's wrong?"

"I can't Pick Whether ruffles or sparkles. "she said pointing to the dresses.

I rolled my eyess why are girls so complex?

"Don't roll your eyes at me, Alec, I'm having a fashion crisis right now!"

"Fashion crisis?Ellie, you're 5 years old."

"uggh!Just help me please! "

"okay, Sparkles."I said and then she wears the dress and her matching pink shoes.

When we went down the stairs we heard another doorbell.

"that must be Sofie." Mom said. She opened the door .

"ohh my gosh, Susie. Your daughter is beautiful!" my mom exclaimed.

Ellie muttered "Wow"

I looked at the show-stopper to see that it's the girl .

she was wearing a plain light gray cotton dress that semi-fits her figure that stops at an inch up her knees. And let me tell you she was a 10 out of 10 even without looking from behind. She was carrying a tray with foil wrapped around it.

"You're beautiful."Ellie said to her.

"Aw, thank you.But you're much more beautiful" she said smiling at Ellie a bit flushed.

"Sofie,this is my baby girl Elizabeth but we call her Ellie, and this is my eldest Alec." mom said while she tried to get the tray from her hands.

"Mrs.rider, it's okay we're just guests." She says politely.

"That's why you should feel at home." She says as she got the tray successfully from Lauren's hands. "Ohh, ellie say hi to the guest."

"Hi sophie." She says.

"Hi Ellie."she says kissing Ellie's Cheek. When she looked at me she was surprised for a moment , "I'm Alec, Nice to meet you, Lauren." I said.

I offered a hand,"Nice to meet you."she says while she looked momentarily at my hand. Is she allergic to skin contact?! I composed myself.

I smirked at her- chicks dig it when i smirk at them they either blush or stare at me in awe but this girl? she has this smug look at her face that it's hard for me to read her. She's been very difficult! Do i have no effect on this girl?

"Beautiful just like her mother." I said smiling at Susie.

"Aww alec that's sweet of you." Susie said.

As i looked at lauren she rolled her eyes. She muttered "kiss ass." I almost laughed.

"What?" I asked acting like i didn't hear her.

"Nothing." She says.

We then walked to the dining room, and got in our seats. I was facing Susie and beside her was Lauren, ellie was sitting beside me and mom was in her usual spot.

"So, what made you guys move to california?" Mom asked.

"My main office is here. So,aside from traveling most of the time i'm in the main office" susie said.

"And you came from new york?" Mom asked again.

"That's where sophia and sofie was born, but we moved to california but in a different city. We've been moving a lot." She replied. " but now it's permanent until my sofie graduates and picks what school she wants to attend."

"So, sophia is your eldest?" My mom asks.

"Yes, she's 4 years older than sofie." Susie says.

The potato cheese was delicious! And to think that Lauren cooked it wss incredible. She received praises from mom and ellie.

While eating mom and susie were talking while ellie and lauren were also talking to each other. I gotts give props to her for tolerating my sister. Ellie is so talkative! Then out of nowhere,

"Sofie, are you single?" Asks ellie.

Please be single, please be single.

I looked at Lauren and saw that she almost choked, "Wow, I wasn't expecting that question." She says chuckling. "Yes i'm single."

YES! She's single!!!

"Alec is also single." Ellie said and she looks at both of us.

"You two look cute together!" She says giggling. Mom and susie chuckled.

My mom and susie looked at each other, " you can show sophie around town." Susie said.

"Yeah, probably get to know each other." Mom said.

"I think i can do that." I said and i looked at Lauren who was looking at her mom.

Susie's face was full of hope and was smiling at Lauren, "sure." She says.

The fact that she did it for her mom is quite touching. Most girls do it for themselves, lauren agreed just because of  her mom because if it weren't for susie she wouldn't have even agreed.

"Dessert time!" Mom said. "Lauren brought something didn't she?"

"She baked it herself." Susie said proudly.

"I'll get it" i said and went to the kitchen and got the tray. When i got back and set it on the table,

My mom removed the foil from the tray and the smell of chocolate overwhelms my senses and it smells so drool worthy!

"It's brownies with a hazelnut sauce and pieces of wallnut." She says.

Mom gave everyone a piece of brownie and after that we all took a bite. It was the best brownie that i have ever had and i am not exhaggerating.

"You sure you want to pursue architecture and design?" Mom asks.

We all chuckled.

After the hearty dinner we walked them to the front door, "you should all come to ours tomorrow, i am going to throw a dinner party for the whole neighborhood." Susie said.

"We will." My mom said.

"Yay! I'm going to see sofie tomorrow!" Ellie said hugging Lauren.

Lauren smiled down at Ellie, "you are so cute and full of energy!"

"Alec says i might of had a little ADHD." She says pouting.

That little-

"Don't listen to him." Lauren whispered. "He doesn't know what he's saying."

Ellie laughed quietly, "boys." Lauren laughed.

"I'll see you soon." She said.

"Good night,lana." Susie said. "I'll see you tomorrow!"

"Good night mrs. Rider." Said lauren.

"Good night,Lauren." I called out.

Susie tapped her shoulder and then she looked at me, "good night." She says.

That girl is something else.