Chapter 16

ALEC

After training and taking a bath afterwards, I walked in the empty school corridors,

"Boo!" Lauren shouted as she jumped in front of me, I shook in surprise.

She laughed, "Your face!"

I carried her, "You naughty little girl!"

"Alec put me down!"

It was now my turn to laugh, "Nope." I said popping the 'p'.

"Please!"

I chuckled, "No, give me a kiss on the cheek and I'll stop."

She held my face and kissed my cheek, and I let her down. I hugged her, "Good morning."

"Good morning." She said then she gives me a big plastic transparent cup with a straw and a matching cover.

I saw the familiar color of Milk- "You said you wouldn't make me one."

She shrugged, "Had nothing to do." She said.

I chuckled and hugged her, "My god, Lauren. I like you so much."

"I like you too." She said and she hands me a tissue wrapped- something.

"What's this?" I asked her.

"Cookies." She said, "You said you didn't have much to eat before classes."

I smiled at her, this girl is so thoughtful. I kissed her forehead, "Thank you." I said.

Someone coughed, we both turn around in surprise and saw that it was Jon and Dave.

"What is the meaning of this?" Jon asked.

"Explain." Dave said.

Lauren and I looked at each other and guffawed in laughter.

"You both look like angry girlfriends confronting their boyfriend." Lauren said while laughing.

I laughed at that statement because it is true. "Oh man." I said as I try to calm myself from laughing.

"Are you both dating?" Jon asked. He tried to hide that smile- keyword tried.

Lauren,"Jon is about to smile, everyone! Is he going to smile?" She said in her announcer voice. I laughed and Dave was suppressing his smile and almost laughed.

He tried to cover it with numerous coughs which made Lauren and I laugh harder.

"Ohh we have another contender, Dave! Is he going to smile? Or can he keep it in?" She said again.

"While at it he needs to keep it in his pants too." I said.

And Dave said defensively, "Hey!"

"Jon, I'll give you three seconds!" Lauren said. "3,2,1..."

Jon laughed, "Dang it!"

Dave laughed too,"Dang it, indeed."

"So,are you both dating or not?" Jon asked.

I nodded, "Yes we are." I said as I hugged her side.

As the school's double doors opened Lauren pushed me, "Not publicly." She said.

Jon and Dave looked at each other and I said, "Not yet."

"Yeah yeah whatever." I said.

The doors opened and the halls were now filled with students. "It's crazy how at 7:20 all of the-" I started to say and looked sideways to see that Lauren wasn't by my side anymore.

"Where is she?" I asked.

"That girl is fast." Jon said.

"I think she went to your classroom." Dave said.

"So, what's the real deal with Sofie ?" Jon asked.

"Well, It's kind of complicated?" I said unsure.

"What do you mean ' complicated '?" Jon asked again.

"We are dating but we're taking things slow and kind of private." I said. "She's just scared that she might get bullied more if everyone knew that she's with me."

"I kind of understand her but you're Alec Rider." Jon said.

"If she's comfortable with what we have right now then I'm fine with that." I said.

"We get it, bro." Dave said. "We're just happy that you're happy with your girl. She's quite the catch."

"Her cookies are quite the catch also." Jon said while munching on the cookies that Lauren baked.

I slapped the side of his head "Find someone who likes you enough to bake for you. This is mine." I said as I grabbed the cookies from him.

"Let's face it,bro. There will only be one Lauren Sofie Autumn." Jon said.

"And she's mine." I smirked.

The bell rang signalling that it was now first period. The day went by like a blur because now we're now on our way home.

"You ready for Saturday?" I asked her.

"Of course." She said. "I wouldn't miss it for the world." She smiled.

"Not the game, Lauren. I meant wearing my shirt in public."

"Well, it's going to suck being the center of attention." She said.

I smiled and she noticed it. "Why are you smiling?"

"Most girls like being the center of attention." I said.

"I'm not like most girls." She said.

"That's why I'm smiling." I said. "I'm very lucky."

Then it was her turn to smile. I parked on my driveway,

"I'll see you tomorrow." She said as she went down the hummer leaving me no time to open the door for her.

I got out and locked my hummer and went inside the house.

"Just the man that I needed to see!"

I looked over the dining room to see
We were in my room, "You gotta bring out a notebook or something 'cause this is gonna be a long lesson" he said.

I brought out a pen and a notepad.

"You ready?" He asks.

"Yeah." I said.

"Okay. First is, you gotta ask permission first from the parent." Bailey said.

"So, I ask Susie first?"

"Isn't that what I just said?" He said giving attitude.

I rolled my eyes, "Shall I go on?" He asks me again.

I gave him a nod, "Good boy." He said in his baby voice and pat my head.

I slapped his hand, "Bro, stop."

He laughed and I rolled my eyes.

This is going to be a long night, but I know what I want. I always get what I want and I get it in any way that I can.