VII

Jaden don't worry, I'll be there soon. I'll save you, I won't leave you alone. I won't leave you......

I was heartbroken, I couldn't think, I couldn't talk, I could barley breathe. I had to go after him, he risked his life for me, and I wasn't going to return the favor? I had to go save him, even if I died trying. I looked once again at the scratch marks on the dirt and took a deep breath. I took his bandana and sunglasses with me and ran as fast as I could following the marks. I had to take breaks every once in a while since it was really far into the forest. I kept running until there were no more sign of scratch marks.

"No." I whisper shouted

I looked around trying to find some more scratch marks but there were none in sight. I leaned on a close tree and tried to control my breathing. The air was ice and spikes down my throat, and it was burning my lungs. I was getting lightheaded and dizzy, I thought I was going to pass out.

I can't give up now, not on Jaden, but I can't breathe, it hurts too much.

I heard some leafs ruffling beside me, I didn't open my eyes, there was wind so I didn't thing anything of it. A few seconds later the leafs ruffled again, but louder and closer. I opened my eyes and looked to my right.

"Oh.....my...." The only words that escaped my mouth.

It was a tall and large figure, about a foot taller than me, no, even taller. I saw his broad chest and slowly made my way upwards to, of course, a scary as all hell mask. I was paralyzed and didn't move, but I kept steady eye contact with the giant figure in front of me. My breathing was now slower, almost unnoticeable. My body was sweating, and my legs and arms were shaky. The man raised an arm to my face and gently touched my cheek, I winced at his touch.

"Hello Miss Catherine." His deep voice broke the silence, sending a massive wave of chills down my spine.

He grinned and moved his hand down towards my back. I still couldn't move, but I was breathing faster, I was so scared and confused. His hand made its way to my lower back and he pulled me towards him. Tears started streaming down my face slowly. His other hand moved up my arm and on my neck. He was holding something, it was cold and wet.

"Sweet dreams." His voice had an extremely evil tone, and his smile was of the devil.

His hand quickly moved up to my face and pressured a towel strongly onto my nose and mouth. I started struggling and trying to squirm away, but he crushed me against his chest. He was like a statue, he wouldn't move when I pushed him, not one bit. I couldn't do anything to get away, and I slowly grew weaker. My vision was getting blurry and dark, and I stopped struggling. Once again everything went dark and the world disappeared.

I awoke in a big room, there was a few lights on the ceiling and a big door on the left wall. I looked in front of me and saw Jaden, he was chained to a metal chair, asleep. He had bruises trailing all over his body. Many small cuts that bled slowly. I could almost feel them burn my skin.

"Jaden" my voice was very quiet and raspy.

I coughed a few times. I looked over at Jaden again, I felt a huge pain grow directly in my heart. The sight of him hurt and bruised was hell to my eyes. I started crying quietly, feeling guilty for everything.

"I'm so sorry Jaden. You shouldn't be here, you didn't have to be involved. I'm really sorry." I said sobbing, making myself cry even more.

His eyes slowly fluttered open, and looked around. He eventually got to me and his eyes widened.

"Catherine!" He yelled struggling to get out of the chains, "Ah! Fuck!" He looked down at his arms, which also held deep cuts pouring blood onto the floor.