Chapter 9

Sonic and the Shade Stones

By: Cutegirlmayra (I'm not the BEST at fighting scenes so... bear with.)

Ch.9

Amy giggled nervously, "Alright, alright. So I can still defend eh? Then, the only logical explanation is.." but before Amy could finish her train of thought, Dark Sonic zoomed in for better range. She yipped at his speed and flew down, dodging through the jungle, she was able to keep him far from her. He growled ferociously and shot forth billions of dark energy balls. Amy looked back and saw the bubble was still protecting her. "Okay... Offense, offense, offense!" she said, moving her body and placing her hands in front, the bubble detached itself and formed a circle-ish net, catching the dark orbs without having them explode. Like some sort of ramp, she redirected his attack back at him.

He was stunned at first, seeing his attack be redirected back at him and he stopped and guarded with his arms over his head in an X like fashion. The balls hit him dead on, but he used his power to have some of them stop in mid air, right before hitting him. "Heh, Heh... Sister, you fight?" he started to grin as his dark energy balls grew in size, and lightening bolts gave them extra electrical power. "Then, by all means. Let's see you fight." he released the dark balls back, flinging his arms out from there current position to have them go even faster. Amy gulped and tried the same method, but the balls were to big and blasted each other, she was flung by the blast back to the ground. Dark Sonic followed her, smashing her more against the ground. "Come out of my prey, sister. Fight your own battles!" he slashed at Amy, but instead of bringing the stones out, he withdrew his hand in agony and wobbled off of Amy, clutching it.

Amy quickly scrambled away and got on her feet, "What happened?" Amy asked, holding her hand to herself.

'He cannot touch me. I am pure light. Though, we may involuntary be pulled to one another, we cannot truly ever touch.'

"Really?" Amy smiled, her hand glowing with bright light. "Then that's his weakness?"

'Amy! Do be careful!'

"Always." Amy zipped forward with one push off the ground, she grabbed his face and singed his face. Cloud like mist steamed off his fur, and he cried out in Sonic's voice,

"Amy! Stop!"

Amy was thrown back by her Sonic's voice, the plea reaching her heart she moved off of him. Right when she got off Sonic he quickly held his face, then dark mist surrounded Amy's feet. "Amy..." His fur turned a lighter shade, when he opened his eyes he had dark blue eyes, instead of just glowing, misty eye sockets. When he saw her, he quickly looked up in shock and yelled at her in concern saying, "It's a trap!"

Amy was flung into a whirlpool, the darkness below her pulling her in vines that slashed over her, as if lasso's dragging her into it's pit. "AHHH!" she tried to use light, but it only made the vine's come more out, and push her further in. Sonic ran over and tried to grab her hand, "AMY!" he called, but then Dark Sonic took over.

"Sonic! Help me!" Amy cried, but his fur was already a deep, almost blackish blue again. He smiled, and let her hand go, "I'll see you again soon,...Amy... Soon..." he stood up and watched as she was completely swallowed by the whirlpool.

'You monster! How dare you use me!' Sonic was pulled back into his prison, though he struggled it sucked him in and he was caged in. curling up in a tight ball again he glared at Dark Sonic.

'...All is fair in love and war...' responded Dark Sonic, wiping the ashes off his face. He held some of the ashes in front of his face, 'She has found a way to attack, to bad she didn't realize in time that in order to defeat me. She had to use light power and not my own.' he walked over to Sonic's cage and dropped the ashes over his head. Smiling, he stated, 'Don't worry about the girl anymore, Sonic. She's mine now, and with me. Safe and sound.'