Pride VS Sense

EMPIRE OF STORMS SPOILERS (YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED)

Feyre had no idea what was happening. One moment she was sitting next to Tamlin focusing on keeping his hand off her thigh, not bothering with his and Lucien's small talk. Who, by the way, kept throwing suspicious glances at her. Then out of nowhere, a broken bleeding girl slammed onto the hard table. All three of the jumped back, Tamlin's arm braced in front of her.

Feyre's heartbeat slowed as she deciphered her, at first glance Feyre thought the woman was wearing a crimson shirt, but as she scented her, she realised it was blood that completely coated her skin. The woman shifted slightly exposing her bare back to them, it was horrific, the skin looked liked it had been torn from her back, leaving only meat and exposed bone. As Feyre fought past her shock and looked closer, she noticed the purple welts and red burns covering the girl's body, along with the bones that jutted out from odd angles.

"Who are you?", Tamlin demanded, breaking the horrified silence. Through her own horror, Feyre could have sworn the shuddering woman had attempted to flip him off.

"Who are you?", he demanded again. Here was a girl would had obviously been dragged through hell, and Tamlin was demanding she give her name, like that was more important than her getting some medical treatment.

Tamlin opened his big mouth again but before he could get far the woman muttered turning toward him, her turquoise eyes finally focusing, "I've been locked in an iron box for god knows how long, so respectfully, I would appreciate if you would piss off." Her voice was raspy and barely audible, but in no way weak. The woman's face was gaunt, her eyes sunken,  her face marred with scars including two savage lines down each of her cheekbones.

She already liked this girl. Tamlin was dumbstruck, before he could open his mouth again, Feyre hurried over to the girl. She wasn't sure what to do, she had never seen something this bad. After frantically looking over the woman, there seemed to be no place that Feyre could touch her that wasn't an open wound.

"Get the healers!" she shouted. 

Lucien nodded and ran from the dining room. Feyre reached towards the woman, who was back to her original position,on her knees, head hung low, hands braced in front of her, her shoulders rising and falling in labored breath, as if to keep herself from screaming out. She glanced at Tamlin, who was standing uncomfortably close to Feyre, grinding his teeth and shooting daggers at the poor girl.

Aelin was in agony, and every moment was a struggle not to show it. It was either screaming or blacking out, and she was desperate to stay in the middle of those two options. Too prideful to scream, too aware of how vulnerable she would be, unconscious in a stranger's land. But when the wine haired male returned with three healers, who started prodding and poking her wounds, however gently they were trying to be, she chose her pride over commonsense, surrendering to the black abyss. 

Dun Dun DUN!! So First Chapter..  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ BTW this is set right after the events in EoS.