Eight

"Hey...um, Jimin?" I tapped his shoulder to get his attention while we were leaving the campus.

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for saving my ass back there."

"I don't mind saving your ass."

I shoved his shoulder playfully and we laughed a little before a sense of awkwardness fell over us.

"I should be getting home—"

"What are you doing tonight?"

Was this boy really asking me out? "I have this essay to write y'know–"

"Let's go out and have some fun. I'll be your sponsor, how does that sound?"

I paused in thought, mainly because I thought he would cut me off again. There was so much to think about, so many factors to consider.

What was my position with Kookie? What did Jimin think we were? I don't even have anything to wear. You know what...

"I accept."

Jimin looked away and tucked his hands into his pockets. He shifted from one foot to the other and I could've sworn he was blushing.

"It felt like I just asked you to marry me."

"...."

I jumped a little when his hands brushed on my thigh while fishing out my phone from my pocket.

"I'll text you!" He put my phone in my hand and walked away briskly before I could even say anything.

🕛🕐🕑🕒🕓🕔🕕

"Kookie, you can't just show up on my doorstep like this."

"I missed you too." He kissed my forehead and stepped past me, heading straight to my bedroom.

I closed the front door and walked in to see Kookie sprawled out on my bed, playing on his phone.

"You're way too comfortable here. Won't your mom worry?"

"She's not gonna worry, she adores you."

I stood in front of my vanity and began taking out my makeup. My outfit was already picked out, so the only thing I needed to do was eat, do my makeup and then get dressed.

"Kid, what's your plan for tonight?"

"I'm not a kid!" I rolled my eyes and took up my phone to see if Jimin had texted.

"Are you planning on leaving anytime soon sport?" After hearing Kookie let out a childish whine, I chuckled silently. It took me about a week to find out that he hated nicknames that made him feel like a child.

"I was thinking we could Netflix and chill." I felt him come up behind me and kiss the back of my neck. I involuntarily shuddered and I moved away to check my phone again.

He's jailbait.

"What we gonna watch though? Little Einstein? Wonder Pets? Bubble Guppies? Dora?" Kookie fell back onto my bed in defeat.

"I'd love to stay baby boy, but Mommy is going out." Jimin had texted me the details of our not-so-date. We were to meet at a pastry shop before heading to the club.

"I'm not jealous or anything but I hope you're going out with friends. I don't get into open relationships."

"We aren't even dating Kookie. What are we? I'd really like to know."

I moved back to my vanity and started doing my makeup. I had no idea why I was suddenly getting irritated.

"What do you mean 'what are we?' Are you being serious right now?"

"Kookie, I don't want to fight." I hastened doing my makeup.

Why did I have to mention this now?

"I'm pretty sure I told your cousin that you were my girlfriend which makes me your boyfriend. I know you're ashamed of me because I'm younger but I really care for you. I lo—"

"Holdup." I raised my hand and he stopped talking. "I don't want to talk about this right now."

"Micah, I'm being serious. I'm more mature than you think."

"I said hold the eff up." I dropped my makeup brush after I put on some eyeshadow. I moved over to my closet, changing out of my plain white tee into a peach crop top.

I ignored how Kookie licked his lips when I took my shirt off. I just wanted to get out of here. I rolled my eyes, throwing a crumpled $20 bill at his head.

I grabbed my phone, sliding it into the pocket of my ripped jeans along with some money and then put on white converses. I finally applied some lip balm and stepped through my bedroom door.

"Are you really going to leave before we talk about this?"

"What am I doing? I'm walking away from you. I gave you money so you won't starve. Don't do anything childish while I'm gone. We will talk when I get back."

"Micah!"

I ignored him and started walking towards the pastry shop where I was supposed to meet Jimin. I wasn't going to lie though, I was kinda mad yet satisfied with the fact that Kookie didn't follow me.

**

I walked into the pastry shop, a bit nervous before I spotted Jimin. He waved me over with a smile and helped me to choose a dessert.

"Well I guess I dressed up for nothing huh?"

"You're wearing a designer shirt with ripped jeans and converses Jamie." I laughed and took another bite of my strawberry cheesecake.

"Jamie?" I nodded. "I like it."

"So since we're skipping the club Jamie, what do you propose we do?"

Jimin reached into his pocket and paid for our dessert before taking my hand and leading me out of the store.

"I know just the right place."

A/N:

Hey ya'll! BTS has me inspired AF.

What do you think of the comeback?

AND

What do you think will happen next?

💕💖💗💞