Ch.26 Understudy

When Reyna made it to the dance studio, she went inside and got changed into her ballet leotard, her tutu, her tights and dance shoes, and she tied her hair up into a bun as she made her way into the dance room. But when she entered, she spotted a poster on the wall that showed the next ballet to perform: Black Swan

Since their last show was Swan Lake, Reyna had a good feeling about this one. She was cast as the lead in Swan Lake, and she could tell that she was going to be chosen as the lead for Black Swan.

"You excited for the show?" a girl with emerald green eyes came up to her.

Reyna knew her as Nicole Meyer, who was really Justine Dancer.

"Today's the day we're gonna find out who gets the lead" she added "You excited to see which part you'll get?"

"I already know which part I'll get" Reyna said "And I'm pretty sure you know it too."

"Ladies" the dance instructor called "It's time to announce who will get the lead in Black Swan."

Everyone gathered in front of her and waited.

"First I want to say that Black Swan is one of my favorite stories" she said "And I knew that I had to pick the best role for the lead, and even though every one of you is amazing, there can only be one lead. And after a while of thinking, I have finally chosen the one. And I have chosen..."

As she waited, Reyna felt herself get ready to be called on.

"Nicole Meyer" the teacher smiled.

At that point Reyna's smile went away as everyone applauded for Nicole.

"What?" Reyna said with shock.

"I'm sorry Reyna" the teacher said "But you got the lead in Swan Lake and I felt that someone else needed a turn for the lead."

Reyna gave a sigh of disappointment as she crossed her arms.

"Although" the teacher added "If Nicole isn't able to perform, I have chosen an understudy: Reyna Quinn."

At that point Reyna's eyes widen as everyone applauded for her. She then turned to Nicole who was also applauding. But seeing that smile on her face made Reyna realize that there could be hope for her to get the lead instead of Nicole. So she gave Nicole a sneaky smile as she turned away from her.

After class, everyone changed back into their normal clothes and headed out the dance studio. But as Reyna was heading away, she was suddenly stopped by Nicole.

"Hey Reyna" she said "I hope there's no hard feeling about me getting the lead."

"Oh it's fine Nicole" Reyna lied "I mean, at least I'm your understudy."

"Well I'm glad you're okay with it. I'll see you around."

But as she walked away, Reyna started to get an idea on hard to prevent Nicole from performing.

_________

Inside his home, Aidan was watching TV in the living when he got a text from Kim.

Kim- Hey you wanna hang out tonight?

He gave a smile as he replied with: Sure, how about a movie?

Kim- I'm in :-)

Aidan- See you tonight then

Kim- You too

But at that point the doorbell rang, so he got up and answered the door, and standing in front of him was Ilene.

"Ilene?" he said surprised.

"Hey" she said as she tried to hide her nervousness "Can we talk?"

"Um, sure."

He let her in as he closed the door.

"What's up?" he asked.

"Oh uh, I just wanted to see how things are doing."

"Well uh, things are doing well."

"And uh, you seem to be having a lot of fun with Kim."

"Oh, you've noticed that?"

"Are you guys... dating?"

"Well uh, we're not really sure, I mean we hang out, but I don't think we're actually a couple now."

"Oh" she said as she felt a bit relieved "Okay."

"Why you ask?"

"Just wondering?"

"Well why didn't you just ask me that on the phone? Why did you have to come here?"

"Uh..." she said as she tried to think of what to say.

"Is there something you want to tell me?"

At that point she knew she needed to tell him, she could already feel her body heat rise up.

"Okay" she sighed "The thing is, lately I've been seeing you hang out with Kim a lot, and uh, it shows that you've moved on after, well, us."

"Okay?" he said a bit confused "So what's your point?"

"The point is-" but before she could continue, Ilene started to feel her body heart rise up more with nervousness as she took a deep breath.

"Are you okay?" Aidan asked with a nervous look.

"Yeah I'm fine" she lied as she started to sweat a bit.

"You don't look fine, your face is turning red."

Ilene put her hand on her face with embarrassment.

"Ilene what's going on?" he asked "Tell me."

At that point she couldn't take it anymore, her blood was rising as she gave a groan.

"Okay" she breathed "I can't hold it in any longer, the truth is, I can't stand seeing you with Kim any longer."

"What?"

"I mean, what do you see in her? Why is she so great? Why are you with her?"

"Ilene" Aidan said surprised "Are you jealous?"

Ilene gave another groan as she rubbed her face.

"You're jealous aren't you?" he said.

"Of course I'm jealous!" she snapped as she then took a deep breath "Oh damn that actually felt good to let it out."

"You're jealous of me and Kim? I just told you we're not even dating."

"But you sure kissed" Ilene scowled.

"What do you-?"

"It was during the snow storm, I was heading to the library to tell you how I feel, but before I could go in, I see you and Kim making out."

"You saw us?" he said surprised.

"Hell yeah I did" she frowned "And let me tell you, that really hurt me."

"It was just a one time kiss, we never kissed again after that, but what was it that you were gonna tell me."

"That I still have feelings for you" she said as she felt her eyes water.

At that point his eyes widen.

"Really?" he gasped.

"But now that you're hanging out with Kim, I just get so frustrated that I wasn't able to tell you before all of this happened."

"Ilene I- I don't know what to say to that."

"You don't have to say anything" she sniffed "I just thought you should know. And I hope you have fun with Kim."

And with that she headed to the door and went out, leaving Aidan still shocked by what she told him. And as he thought about it, he had no idea how he felt anymore.