Ch.49 On purpose

By the time Coral was done singing, everyone applauded and cheered, including Meeshell.

"Thank you" Coral smiled into the mic as she and Nolan went off the stage and to Meeshell.

"That was amazing" Meeshell smiled as she and Coral went into a hug.

"I never knew it would be so much fun to sing" Coral said as they pulled away "But, singing isn't for me, it's for you, and you deserve your voice back."

And with that she took off the shell necklace and held it in her palm.

"Ready?" she asked.

"Yeah" Meeshell said.

At that point Coral pulled out her wand and waved it over the shell as it glowed, they then watched as the golden aura flew out of the shell as they heard Meeshell's singing from it. While still singing, the aura flew towards Meeshell's throat as she began to fell her voice come back, she opened her mouth and started to sing along as her voice was soon returned back to her. Meeshell then put her hand on her throat as she turned to Coral with a smile.

"Thank you" she smiled.

"I really do miss hearing you sing" Coral confessed as they went into another hug.

Both of them felt their eyes water as their hearts warmed up, both feeling glad that this drama was over.

"Well now that you have your voice back" Coral said after they pulled away "I think it's time for you to do some singing."

"Huh?"

"Come on" Coral grabbed her hand as she led her onto the stage.

"Coral what's going on?" Meeshell asked as she looked at the crowd with her eyes widen "You know I get stage fright."

"Oh I know that, but I think it's time for you to face your fear, and show everyone the singer you are, by singing one of your songs."

"But-".

"Everyone" Coral cut in by talking into the mic "Singing the last song tonight is my good friend Meeshell, I feel like she needs to show you all her amazing talent."

With that everyone applauded as Coral handed the mic to Meeshell.

"You can do this" she assured "I believe in you."

She then walked off the stage, leaving Meeshell alone with the mic in her hand as she looked up to see that all eyes were on her. She started to get more nervous as she turned to Coral and Nolan who both gave her smiles and thumbs up. With her heart still pounding, Meeshell raised the mic to her lips.

"Um, hi" she said shyly "Um, I don't really know what song I want to sing, so uh..."

She turned to Coral who gave her a smile as she went to the piano and started to play it. Now knowing what song she was singing, Meeshell had no choice but to sing.

Your eyes, crashing into my eyes

Was I accidentally falling in love

Your words didn't mean to heal the hurt

Were coincidentally more than enough

At that point she began to feel more confident as she continued to sing.

All these days I never thought

That I would need someone so much, who knew?

But I don't think I ever planned

For this helpless circumstance, with you

Meeshell then gave a confident smile, now brave enough to sing some more.

You're scared, I'm nervous

But I guess that we did it on purpose

On purpose, on purpose

Baby I know, it's weird, but it's worth it

Cause I guess that we did it on purpose

On purpose, on purpose

At that point the music got more upbeat as everyone started to cheer. Meeshell gave a big smile, now confident enough to sing in front of everyone. As she continued to sing, everyone was amazed by her beautiful voice, it truly struck their ears. Not only was Meeshell glad that she was singing in front of everyone, but her voice was back, and it felt good to sing again, especially when she hit a few high notes in her song, her voice traveled throughout the club. And by the time she was done singing, everyone cheered and applauded as they stood up. Meeshell gave a big smile as Coral ran up the stage and wrapped her arms around Meeshell.

"I knew you could do it" she smiled as she pulled away.

The crowd continued to applaud as Meeshell and Coral walked off the stage and up to Nolan.

"You were amazing" he smiled to Meeshell.

"Well it sure felt good to sing again" she smiled.

"Hey uh, can I talk to you for a moment?"

"Oh uh, sure."

They both went away from the crowd and into an empty hallway.

"Okay" he said "Meeshell, I've been meaning to ask you this back at Ever After, I was planning on asking you this the next time I saw you, but you know the whole story. So uh, I was wondering, are you by any chance available this Friday night?"

"Well that depends" she said with a small smile "What are you proposing?"

"I was just wondering if maybe you would like to go on a date with me?"

At that point her smile got bigger as she felt herself blush.

"I would love that" she smiled as he smiled back "You know Nolan, that song I sang up there, I wrote that about you."

"Really?" he said surprised.

"Yeah, when I found out that you were missing, I decided to put my thoughts down into a song, and that song was the one I just sang."

"Wow" he said impressed "I gotta say, I liked it, you're a very talented songwriter and singer."

"Thanks" she smiled.

They both gave flirty smiles as they went back into the crowd. But as everyone enjoyed their time, none of them realized that they were being watched from a silver hand mirror that was held in a black gloved hand.

"They seem to be having a lot of fun without me Nevermore" Elena said to her dragon who was laying next to her throne in her old castle "But I know it's not going to last long, pretty soon everything's gonna change, and I will be in charge. And after a long time of searching, I have a pretty good feeling I know where Excalibur is."