Ch.23 Failed plan

Later that afternoon, Mira sat in the 'Wonder diner' with a cup of tea beside her as she looked at herself in her pocket mirror. She moved her dark hair out of the way to get a closer look at her young features, even though she knew she was an adult at heart.

"You know it's odd seeing you young again" she turned to see Mr. Jones, the mayor of Storybrooke and Elena's dad.

"Yeah well, it's probably just a temporary thing" she said.

"May I sit?"

"Sure."

So he sat down in front of her and set his cup of coffee beside him.

"So I heard that Elena went to the fairytale world" he said.

"Yeah" Mira sighed "She's just never going to give up."

"Well, I did tell her that she should never give up on anything, but seeing that she's the Evil Queen now, I don't know what to say to that."

"Did she tell you the truth about me?"

"She did, so all those times you've been forcing her to be evil is because you didn't want to loose her?"

"Well yeah, I mean I always believed that if you didn't follow your destiny you would disappear, and I didn't want that to happen to her."

"I understand, you were worried."

"I was just trying to be a good mother, but obviously I wasn't the best."

"Hey, you did the best you could."

"But now she's evil and dangerous, just like how I was."

"Hey I understand you're worried about her, so am I. But at least you got a way to take the Darkness out of her, she just needs to come back and then hopefully everything will go back to the way it was."

"But what if she doesn't come back? What if she just wants to stay away from us forever, she knows that we don't like the new her."

"I think she will come back. But who knows anything, all we do right now is just hope."

Mira just gave a small sigh.

"Don't give up so easy" he said as he started to get up "I have to go now, I'll see you around."

"Bye David" Mira said as he left the diner.

(Flashback) Now sitting under a gazebo, Mira and David started to chat as it continued to rain.

"So what's your destiny?" she asked.

"I don't really know yet" he said "I'm just a prince looking for his story."

"Well what were your parents?"

"Well they're just royalty in a small village, they didn't really have a story. But they decided to send me here, hoping that I will find my story."

"What are you hoping it is?"

"I don't really care, as long as I'm happy with it."

"It must be nice to not have a story. That way you wont have to be forced to live something you're not."

David saw the sad look in her eyes.

"Hey I know it's hard to be forced to be the Evil Queen" he said.

"You have no idea" she sighed "I mean my heart is mostly black now expect for a little red spot, and that's the love for my dad."

"Well at least your father still loves you."

"Yeah, he said that even if I become the Evil Queen, he'll still love me no matter what."

"Of course, cause that's what fathers do."

"I'm just worried that the little red spot on my heart will one day disappear, and that means I wont be able to love again."

Her eyes then began to water.

"He's the only family I have left" she sniffed.

"I'm sorry" David said with a sad look "But hey, you know, if you become the Evil Queen, you may have a new family, including a child, and that means your father will become a grandfather, that may he wont be the only family you have."

"That's true" she agreed with a shrug.

"I know being evil is hard, but at least you'll get something good out of it."

"But all I have to do now is wait for the right guy to marry to, and who would want to marry the Evil Queen?"

"Who knows, there could be someone?"

At that point Mira gave a small smile, hoping that if she becomes the Evil Queen, she'll get something good out of it.

Once it was nighttime, Aidan and Terrence went into their garage where Aidan set out a written blueprint of a large piece of paper.

"Okay" he said "So I was think we would booby-trap the house, like we could cover the steps in tar, heat up the doorknob, drop an iron of Billy's face-."

"Uh Aidan" Terrence cut in "Did you just get these ideas from 'Home Alone'?"

"Yeah."

"Dude" Terrence sighed.

"Hey if that kid can take out those burglars, then I know we can take out this stalker."

"But we don't even have most of the items to make the traps."

"Then let's get some."

"But what if Billy comes tonight?"

At that point Aidan hesitated.

"Okay maybe we'll just stand by the door with guns" he suggested.

"We don't even have guns."

"Okay then we'll use knives."

"What if Billy had a gun?"

"Okay you are making things hard for me right now" Aidan frowned.

"Look, we got a home security system, so if Billy tries to break in while we're asleep, the alarm will go off, signaling the police to come."

"But what if Billy gets away when the police arrive?"

"At least we'll be safe."

"But we gotta throw his ass in jail, that's why we need traps, and guns."

At that point Terrence gave a sigh.

"Alright" he said "If it makes you happy, we'll go to the store tomorrow and get the items to make the traps, but we're not doing every trap."

"Fine, but what about guns?"

"We'll ask the police if we can borrow some."

"Alright" Aidan smiled as he rubbed his hands with a sneaky look "We're gonna take down this stalker and show him what we're made of."

"I wouldn't bet on that" a voice suddenly said.

The brothers turned and couldn't believe their eyes when they saw Darling's stalker at the garage door with a gun pointing at them.