Chapter 2

Madison's point of view:
~after school~

I took his paper from our desk in art. It was a drawing of a piece of shattered glass. I don't get what it means, yet. I've had multiple classes with him and he didn't show up to any of them.

Currently, I'm walking on the sidewalk on my way to my house. I don't really call it a 'home' anymore. It just doesn't feel like a home. Ever since my father got remarried and we moved to Australia for his work, nothing has felt the same. My mother just couldn't stand my dad anymore, so she left. Well that's what I always told myself, I've never got the truth about the divorce from anyone.

I open my house door, I see my father sitting at the table. Which is in the kitchen. There's a little divider between then kitchen and the rest of the house. And there's a bar on the divider along with four chairs.

I make my way up the stairs to my room. I open the creaky door to my light maroon colored room. I plop down on my soft bed. I look up at my ceiling in thought.

Why did this Michael Clifford's hair change color? I learned his name because of when the teachers called roll they said his first name.

I sit up from my laying position and grab my backpack.

I open it and grab his drawing looking for some sort of note. Maybe a clue?

I scan over the drawing, trying to think of what the meaning is.

Then it hit me, the drawing is a picture frame. With not just any picture in it. It looks like a family picture. There's a blurry figure of what looks like a mother and son. But the glass of the frame is broken in half and of the other side is what I'm guessing the father? But I need to know the whole story behind this drawing.

~the next day~

I'm on my way to school, walking of course. I don't have a car yet and I'm 17. I'm about to graduate and I don't even have a car. Back in America, I had a part-time job at the grocery store, and surprisingly I saved a pretty good amount up for my car. But, the divorce happened and we were, and still are, tight in money. So I had to give all my money to my dad so we could move.

I walk up to the school, but, I'm stopped by the sound of someone calling my name.

"Hey!! Madison, wait up!" Ashton runs up, he looks slightly out of breath. "Geez, you walk fast."

I laugh a little and start to walk again, with Ashton trailing along.

"So I heard you met Michael?" He questions.

"Mm hm, what about him?"

"You're not freaked out by him?!" Ashton looks shocked by my response.

I furrow my eyebrows. "Of course not, why would I," I say in a confused tone.

Ashton motions his hands around his hair. "Did you not notice? His hair changed like a pink color when he looked at you," he says incredulously.

"I noticed, but what's so bad about it? And how do you even know?" I ask, kinda annoyed.

"People talk Maddie, and you don't think it's even slightly weird that HIS HAIR CHANGED COLOR?"

"First, please don't call me 'Maddie'. Second, for some reason, no, I don't think it's weird at all,"

"Sorry," he looked down at his feet, somewhat ashamed.

"It's fine, but I need to get to class," I say as I walk off to art class.

~in class~

Michael isn't here. Where is he? Did people say stuff like that to him all the time?

I ponder about all these questions.

I really need to go get a drink, I feel light headed.

"Mr. Combs? Can I go get a drink of water?" I say.

"Yeah," he says, not even taking his eyes away from his work.

I exit the classroom and walk down the hall. 

"Hey freak? How about you change your hair color? Maybe show the circus, I'm sure the need another freak show to join,"  I hear a guy laugh from around the corner.

I sneak to around the corner and peak at the scene.

"Yeah,  maybe you can go tell your dad about your bullies. Oh wait, your dad left because he didn't want an emo ass chameleon for a son," said another guy.

I see two guys standing over another figure. I stand on my toes to see who it is.

Holy shit, it's Michael. His lip is busted and he has a black eye and a couple of other bruises, those are the only ones I can see.

They kick him, hard, in the legs. I can't stand this.

"Hey leave him alone," I try to shout, but it comes out as a little squeak.

The guys turn to face me.

"Aw, look! the new girl is trying to save you, what a shame," the brown haired one says in a intimidating tone.

Michael somewhat perks up. The pastel pink streaks appear again. The guys start to walk towards me. I step back, tripping on my other foot. Great, what a good time for my clumsiness to act up.

The blonde haired one kneels down to me. I scoot back as far as I can, until I hit the lockers behind me.

"What a pretty one, too bad she's standing up for that loser," the blonde lefts up my chin so that I'm looking at him.

"Stop," a bruised up Michael speaks up, now standing."leave her alone."

Michael's hair is now a violent red.

"Uh oh! The emo kid is mad,"the brown haired one remarks.

"Ha, what are you going to do? Say "rawr" to scare us," the blonde laughs and kisses my cheek disgustingly.

"I fucking said leave her alone," Michael says, he is sort of scary right now. And before I know it, he kicks the blonde straight in the jaw. But the brown haired guy lunges at him, knocking him down on the floor.

"You're coming with me," the blonde stands us both up.

I fought him, and I struggled to get away. But I failed.

"Stop struggling, fucking hell,"

As a last resort, I slap him in the face. It stuns him for a minute, so I sprint towards my classroom. But I'm lost, I have no idea where in the school I am.

The blonde catches up to me, grabs my arm and throws me into the lockers. I hit my head on the side.

My vision is fading away. All I see is a blurry figure standing over me.

"Sorry love, this isn't over, one day I'll get what I want."

The world turns to black.