Chapter 6

Madison's point of view:

I lay in my bed, the morning light peaking through my soft grey curtains. I think back to last night. I would've got  raped, but Michael saved me. For whatever reason that may be. And Calum... He comforted me.  I mean who wouldn't try to help the poor girl who almost got raped, who was terrified.

I need something, what that is? I have no idea.

I twist and turn in my blankets.

I still feel disgusting, just from Jay's touch. I shiver in disgust from just the thought of his name.

I get up, no longer being able to sit in place anymore.

I need to relax, he's in jail now, I'm alright.

But I gotta get out.

~an hour later~

I decided to take a walk around town. I haven't explored here yet and I wanted to leave the house so here I am.

I'm a bit clueless on where I am though.

You see I wasn't born here, this is actually where my brother, Luke, was born. He was born here because our parents lived her before coming to America. Although Luke isn't more than a year older than me, and didn't stay there long, he has an Australian accent. I, on the other hand, was born in America. Our parents moved to America saying it would be a better place to raise us. It was...until about 17 years later, poof, no one was happy anymore.

I continue to walk on the slightly cracked pavement. When I see a cute looking music shop.

As I step in a little ring from the bell above the door echoes through the room.

I look aimlessly through the vinyls.

This is nice, a mostly quiet music store except for the murmur of a song playing. No one to bother me, besides a cashier who looks preoccupied by sorting song titles. I can't see who they are, I just know that they are there.

I drag my finger across the records. I pick up some I plan to buy. And I walk up to the cashier.

I place them down on the counter, the cashier pops up. It's Michael...

"How can I- M-Madison?" He looks surprised to see me. He's hair turned a lavender color with blue and the same pastel pink. It kinda reminds me of a sunset.

"Aha, yeah," I push the vinyls towards him along with the cash.

"Oh, uh, I'll pay for these, just because you have a good taste in music," he says as he pulls out his wallet and puts some bills into the register.

"You really didn't have to do that..." I look down at me feet, which I'm moving nervously.

"It's okay, really," he smiles.

"Thank you," I say and grab my All Time Low albums I've been looking for to complete my collection.

He blushes, vaguely.

I give him a small smile and walk towards the door.

"Wait!" I hear Michael semi yell just as I place my hand on the glass door. I turn around.

"P-please, I mean, do y-you want to hang out?" he said that like he was scared of what my answer may be.

I think about it and decided why not?

"Uh sure," I smile and walk towards him, he relaxes. I sit myself on the chair on the side of the counter by the record player.
I set my albums down, opening one.

"Do you mind if I play a song?" I ask quietly.

"Yeah, go ahead," he says and turns to face me in his chair.

I put in All Time Low's Nothing Personal album, which is kinda old but none the less it's still good.

Weightless came on and I start quietly singing along.

"So you like All Time Low too?" Michael questions.

"Mhm," I continue to sing along to the song. He nods approvingly.

We sit in silence, no talk. I just sing, Michael just taps his fingers along the counter to the beat of the song.

After Weightless is over Lost In Stereo plays.

Lost in stereo, lost in stereo

She works for the weekend
Mixtape of her favorite band
Tearin' up the radio
Lost in the stereo's sound

I sing along to the lyrics, in my own world. I then glance at Michael he's staring awe, like he can't believe something.

"Screw it," I hear Michael mumble. "Huh?" I stop singing.

Michael gets up and grabs my hands standing me up. A small fear takes its place in my body. A fear that knows exactly what's triggering it and why it's there. A fear that would never had appeared before yesterday.

I slightly shake, scared.

Michael sees me tremble, his eyes widen.

"I would never ever hurt you," his words flew out gently.

"Promise?"

"I promise."

Michael still holding onto my hands, let go of one and changed it to a slower song. Therapy begins to play.

Michael then took my hands and wrapped them around his neck. He was about to put his hands on my waist but stopped, as if he was waiting for my permission. I tried my best to push my fear aside. My body was saying no, but my head knew he wasn't a threat. I forced myself to nod.

He put his hands delicately on my waist. I shivered a bit, but I soon felt comfortable with him.

He swayed us back in forth. The sun shined on the wooden floor. The vinyl disk going round on the record player. Everything didn't feel so weird, this town felt like home...he feels like home.

Give me therapy.
I'm a walking travesty
But I'm smiling at everything.